Here are a few pictures and then a couple of success stories from the day!

This is Erick pushing Samuel around in the walker. Samuel just loves any attention he can get from Erick. Doesn't even object when Erick bites his feet :).

This is Samuel talking to his Dad on speaker phone. He was more interested in eating the phone, but did perk up when he heard Jimmy's voice.
Success Story #1:

Have I already said how thankful I am for the other moms I live with? Today was the perfect example of why I'm glad I'm here! One of the other babies, Milo, sustained a pretty severe burn on his hand this week. It is a long story, but basically he was at a restaurant with his mom and the waitress sat a bowl of scalding hot soup right in front of him which he immediately put his hand in. He has 2nd degree burns on 4 fingers and the top of his hand. It's healing well thanks to lots of TLC from his "mum", Angie. So today Angie was trying to decide what would help it heal better. I called Mary, my mother-in-law, for some medical advice and Lee Anne devised a cup to fit on his hand to protect his hand without having to wear a bandage that sticks to his skin. I'm sure some doctors are probably cringing at the contraption, but I was pretty impressed. We're thinking Lee Anne should patent it.
Success Story #2 and 2.5:
This is a post-bath picture. Samuel took a bath without screaming tonight- yea! He actually laughed and played in the water. I don't know what changed, but he was very happy. He also pretty much rolled over on his own today. I sort of helped give him a bit of leverage, but he's got the hang of it now and is SO proud of himself. He also started eating in the big kid high chair today because he has figured out how to arch his back and escape the bumbo seat.
Tomorrow we're going to attempt church. We'll see how that goes! I could be "that mom" again who has to flee church with a screaming child.
Buenas noches!
7 comments:
Good call on the talking to dad pic - gotta admit I like that one!
What is with the spiked hair...is that like your favorite new thing to do
Jimmy
Oh my goodness! Samuel's getting to be such a big boy! :) AND so handsome!
Felicia
You better watch out....before you know it Samuel will be playing with all his toys and won't ever want to get out of the bath. :)
~Aimee~
I love baths...if Samuel and I are going to get along...he's going to have to learn to love them too!
Tiffany
I love the "success stories!" You gals are quite a delightful, bright group of young women/mommies!
How wonderful to hear that Samuel is now enjoying his bath time. That is REALLY good news! What a change...I can still "hear" him expressing himself when we tried the bath routine that first week! Dad and I love hearing your news and seeing the sweet pictures. Tell everyone hello!
Love you, Mom XO XO
Just to clarify...I didn't mean that I was going to take baths with Samuel. We just need to have the same interests.
(Are you still upset Jimmy??)
Tiffany
He is getting so big, I love it! He looks like such a happy baby! I am so excited to meet him :)
-Blair
Post a Comment