Friday, April 4, 2008

El terremoto



So today started with a mild earthquake at about 6:00 AM this morning. I thought Samuel was kicking in his crib and then realized it was a bit more than that. Things shook for a few seconds- enough to wake up anyone who had been sleeping. Apparently it was a 4.8 and the center was about 30ish miles from here. What a way to start the day! Another experience I probably won't repeat in Missouri!
Today's been fairly calm. Our friends, the Embrey's, left Antigua today. The pictures in this post were taken by their soon-to-be daughter Caterin, who is 8. The first is Samuel reading/eating a book with Cindy, the Embrey's other soon-to-be daughter. The second picture is also Cindy. These pictures were two of about 30 that Caterin took with my camera today. Needless to say, these are the only two I thought you might want to see!
Lee Anne and I did some hotel hunting this morning for visitors and then grocery shopping this afternoon. Grocery shopping was a 2 hour event with visits to three different stores to get all we were looking for. I was excited to find pickles in one of the stores so I can make tuna sandwiches- it's the little things that I get excited about down here!
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Caterine's quite the photographer! I checked on hotels last night. I couldn't find anything with availability for the time we will be down in June. Let me know if you find something. I'm getting worried!

Loved the picture of Samuel and the book!

Felicia

The M. Herndon Family said...

WooHoo, tuna sandwiches! Matt would be excited about those, too.
:)

Anonymous said...

Whenever I give my camera to the kids at my daycare I always end up with about a million hand shots. haha Wow that is crazy you had a mild earthquake. That would freak me out. But I guess if you are use to them then it wouldn't be a big deal. I am so jealous of all your sunshine pictures although today it is suppose to be a beautiful sunny day of 65. :)
~Aimee~