Below is a recycled school bus- it cracks me up. We see them often... I keep waiting to see an old Blue Springs School District bus.
This is the Guatemalan version of ADT / home security. This is the wall in front of a house just down the street from our neighborhood. If you look closely, you can see the jagged pieces of glass cemented in at the top of the wall- wow. No TPing this house :)!
Samuel and I took a walk today to check out a few of the "tourist" spots we hadn't seen much of. This is the La Merced church... I think it looks like a wedding cake.

A government building off of the square- I think the arches are cool...

Play time in the room....
Friday night we spoke with Samuel's foster parents. They are missing him! I'll see his foster mom on Friday for the family court appointment. Both the foster mom and dad asked to "talk" to Samuel. It was pretty cute- they talked to him and made noises and he just smiled. I was reminded of how blessed we are that he spent his first 6 1/2 months with such loving people. They are planning to visit us at some point before we leave.
A government building off of the square- I think the arches are cool...
Play time in the room....
Today we went to the Aeson's baptism. Aeson and his mom, Kimberly, are two people we've gotten to know. Kimberly is from Detroit and is also here fostering. Aeson was baptized at the Lutheran church. It was a precious little church and Samuel sat through the whole 90 minute service! It was good to be in church and hear a few familiar songs... even if they were in Spanish. Sidenote: Kimberly wrote a cute book for Aeson and it has been published (http://www.amazon.com/You-are-baby-your-mommy/dp/1419688251/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208144466&sr=8-1). It is good for any mommys, but especially hits home with those who are going (or have gone) through the adoption process.
Tomorrow we're headed for a day trip to the beach with four other adopting moms and their kids. It will be good to get out of Antigua for the day. I know you guys in Missouri are hating me for talking about the beach... sorry. It has rained here the past two days, so as your summer starts in Missouri, we'll be hitting the rainy season here. :)
4 comments:
It looks so beautiful there! I can't wait to see! Looks like Samuel may end up liking salad :).
He's so cute!
Felicia
Hey! The beach sounds great! Let me know how that goes. I wanted to see the beach, but heard the undertow was pretty wicked. I know my kids didn't need to go there!
We are enjoying "seeing" Samuel grow! Everyone loves the pictures we have of the girls holding Samuel!! We all are so blessed! Can't wait till we see you again!
Dawn
OOhh!! The beach sounds fun. Have a great time!
The beach is beautiful! So glad to hear you two had a wonderful day! We love the picture of Sam "examining" the sand! :)
Love,
Dad and Mom
Post a Comment