Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a day!

Our housemate Eli turned 1 yesterday and we had quite the celebration. Since the Boomer's are leaving tomorrow, we attempted group pictures of the babies. The first one below is one of the last ones we took. You can see Samuel is getting ready for a meltdown. This is Maria, the babysitter, with the four boys from our house.


Here is the whole gang- Samuel, Milo, Robin (the house manager's daughter), Erick, Kylee, Aeson, Eli and Rachael Ann.



This was present opening time for Eli.





From bath time yesterday morning (notice the wet spot- oops!)...


Lee Anne and I and our boys... from this weekend.

During the birthday party, I caught myself standing back from the group and looking around. It is amazing how much life can change so quickly! I haven't been to many 1st birthday parties- and I definitely enjoyed it- but had a moment of "Wow, things are going to be different from now on!"
A few other things we're celebrating this week:
1) Samuel turned 8 months on Monday.
2) Jimmy comes down to visit in 9 days. Yea! We have survived the six week separation surprisingly well so far!
3) The Whitworths got their US Embassy Pre-Approval also. Congrats!
4) I found out my college buddy, Bethany, is coming to visit in May. My mother-in-law, Mary, may be coming to visit in May also. We love visitors!

5) The "battle" is the Lord's! This one takes some explaining. Mary, my mother-in-law, emailed us this week and suggested that we take a look at some verses in II Chronicles 20 as we prayed for our Family Court appointment on Monday. I have been really encouraged by what it says
in verse 15ish "This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's..... You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "
Sometimes Jimmy and I get a little intense when it comes to this adoption process (big surprise, huh?!). I was reminded that I cannot force this process to go any faster and no amount of talking to our lawyer or agency can change that. I know that when the time comes for the process to be complete- that will be the "perfect timing" and I don't want to miss out on what the Lord has to teach me here in the meantime. I am not waiting on the lawyers, court, process...I'm ultimately waiting on the Lord and His timing since He's in control. Knowing that makes the wait much easier! With that said, I'm still praying that the Lord brings us home in time for Samuel's first birthday- August 21st!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I didn't realize how many kids were at the house. I bet the house is like a circus. Never a dull moment I am sure. That is so exciting that you get to see Jimmy soon! Thanks for sharing everything that God is teaching you. I love reading it! God is so amazing how he uses people's words to teach or encourage us!
~Aimee~

Anonymous said...

WEll, I have been on for a few days and I feel so behind on everything! The thought of dealing with earthquakes is crazy, that is soooo not Missouri! Although, we did have an earthquake about a week ago. Didn't really feel much and Abbi slept through it. So the pictures of all the kids is quite overwhelming! I couldn't imagine constantly being around that many kids, your home life will definitely be dull compared to what you have experienced. :) Thank you for always sharing what God is teaching you, I'm amazed by your trust in him and your openness to share whatever it is you are thinking. We miss you and can't wait for you the two of you to come home!!
Janelle

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Oh, Emily! That was so beautiful! I know what you mean. It's so easy to say "we need to be patient and wait for the Lord"... However, it's so difficult at times to WAIT! I am really trying hard not to worry or get too "ANTSY", but it's really hard. A year from now we'll all look back and all of this will seem like a long ago dream. Really. And on the "life changing" part in your blog... Yes, it has changed. AND it's a change that just keeps geting better and better with time! I'm so thrilled Jimmy will be coming down soon. I bet he is getting so excited!

Felicia

Anonymous said...

HI Em! Amen to the 2 chron verse. What an encouragement. I almost wanted to cry when I read it and felt such a surge of faith in my heart for you guys! I'm so excited for you and Jimmy. Sammuel is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to meet him someday. I'll be praying for the process to be quickened and for you guys to return home before he turns 1. I love the blog. Have so much fun with Jimmy! Bless you friend. I admire you.
Love, Natalie C.