The beach was great! We went to Monterrico with 3 other moms and babies. We basically had the beach to ourselves. I had no idea how much packing is required for a day trip with a baby! Samuel did well- liked the sand and water... so much so that he ate some sand and went back for more! Gone are the days where I get to lay out and read, but we still had fun. The undertow was strong so we didn't go in very far. I was paranoid that Samuel would get burnt- he's so fair skinned (for a Guatemalan!) and the sun was really strong. Due to my paranoia, Samuel was the "tshirt kid" who had to swim with a shirt on.
I enjoyed the drive almost as much as the beach. It was good to get out of Antigua and to see some countryside... gorgeous! We saw lots of sugar cane fields, a tilapia farm and lots of people with pigs or chickens running around in their yard. Samuelm is taking his bottle and falling asleep right now- the big day wore him out! Good night!
8 comments:
I bet you guys are tired! Sounds like you had a busy day! That looks so relaxing and Beautiful!!
~Aimee~
Thanks for the pictures and update. The beach looks and sounds wonderful! I hope you can make it back again soon! It should help to get out after a lot of rainy days! It actually helped me just to "see" the ocean! It froze here last night with lows in the 20's!!
Enjoy!
Dawn
The picture of Samuels profile is SOO cute. His little hand. aww. Ugh. I'm so depressed that you aren't here! haha. It looks so BEAUTIFUL there though! I had no idea it was going to be so hard with you gone this long :( You are missed! Looks like you are having a blast!
Love you,
Tiffany
Can't beat a beach to yourselves! Samuel looked like he really enjoyed it! Have a great time. Pat
The pictures are beautiful. I love the one where Samuel is looking at his finger! How adorable! I keep sunscreen on Keegs and Keeley. (Otoniel will have to endure it as well). I'm a "I don't want them to get skin cancer" paranoid mom! :)
Felicia
Hey Emily! Thanks for the great scenes of God's creation! Nature is such an inspiring reminder of God's beauty and power! I like the Adidas shirt on Samuel. Adidas stands for "All day I dream about sports!" I'm sure Samuel is dreaming about baseball! You look very happy! Enjoy the sunshine!
Joey
Isaiah 40:31
How jealous are we? Braden has that same Addidas shirt, probably even the same size:). It looks like you are having fun. We miss you!!
Nicole
Emi, te ves muy contenta y no es para menos ... ser mamá es lo mejor que nos puede ocurrir ...
Me encantaría estar ahí, ayudandonos con los chiquitos tan lindos!!
Jossette
Post a Comment