Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bulging Belly

So Samuel likes to eat and his belly is starting to reflect this. You can see his little belly in this picture- it is better in real life- his shirt was tight on his belly today. Not much to report from here. The past couple days have been calm except for another earthquake on Monday night. It was a 6.1 at the source which was off the coast of Guatemala. We've become intrigued by the US Geological website that tells you about all of the earthquakes that occur in the world! Anyways, this one was a bit more scary than the other- stronger and lasted a good 15 seconds. I had just showered, so I threw on clothes, got Samuel and we met the other moms in the hallway. The light fixtures were swinging and it just sort of made me feel like I was dizzy- very bizarre! We have decided to make an emergency kit with formula, etc, just in case. I'm sure all the natives would laugh at us, but it makes me feel better! Besides the earthquake, things have been quiet around here. Tuesday was my "one month anniversary" of being here. It has gone by so quickly. We're looking forward to our Family Court appointment on Friday.

The picture below is one of the beach pictures that my brother's girlfriend, Blair, edited. Thanks Blair- I love it! Check out those lashes- I'm a bit jealous!

Here is a little video clip of Samuel's favorite bedtime game: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gjN9Hvb9zew. He's laughing/on the verge of fussing for his bottle. Sorry for my obnoxious voice in the background!

4 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

He's just too cute! Ummm... Earthquake? I'm not really wanting to experience one while I'm there! It's hard to believe you've been there a month! It seems more like a week! Time is flying by. That's a good thing! :)

Felicia

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I was flipping out when I read about the earthquake! Haha! That is wild! I got caught up on all of your entries over the past week, I loved the comment about peanut butter. My latest dessert that I made was a chocolate peanut butter banana cream pie! Emily and I of course loved it and I know you would have too. Anything with peanut butter! I can't get over how adorable Samuel is! I have loved all the pictures and videos!!! How long does your rainy season last? You are in my prayers! Love you!

Kyle said...

P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S...that is how I spell Samuel!! Loved, loved, loved the video!
Gramma Beyer

Anonymous said...

He is simply irresistable! The fact that he has a bulging belly, is way too cute!!! Him and Abbi can have matching bellies!! Miss you!
Janelle