Thursday, October 23, 2008

What a ride!

This adoption process continues to be a roller coaster. Today was a high and we enjoyed every minute! Here is our day in pictures....

We started the day with the final medical visit with an embassy doctor.


Later we headed to the US embassy to submit paperwork. We took this picture and then the guards gave us a hard time. Guess taking pictures 50 yards away from the embassy is still a security threat!?


At the embassy, we got "ORANGE", which in the adoption world means we were authorized to get the final DNA test done!

After lunch and some waiting around, we headed to the lab for the DNA test. The doctor's office and lab are closed from 12-3 for "lunch"- not a bad schedule, eh?

Tomorrow we have to get another power of attorney done. This will allow me to do the final visa appointment without Jimmy being here. Since he came down for this unexpected visit, he will not be coming down to escort us home. It will work out well, though, as he is taking back a bunch of my stuff this trip and he'll be able to take off a couple of days when we get home.
Now we just wait for our DNA to make it to the US, be processed and return to the US embassy here in Guatemala. As soon as it is back here, we should receive a visa appointment. Two days after the visa appointment, we can fly HOME!! I still can't really believe that all we are doing now is waiting on DNA. I don't think it will feel real until we are headed to the airport!
Thanks again for the prayers and support! It's been one heck of a week!

14 comments:

Kyle said...

Yipeee!!! Yahoo! Yeah!! Thank you dear Lord!! We are getting the swing ready in the basement!! :) Can't wait!!
We love you all,
Dad and Mom

The Heinrichs said...

Wow...what a full day! The process seemed so long now it is just flying by! Enjoy your last weeks there! Can't wait to hear you are PINK!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys and am getting really exciting as I read your blogs lately! It feels like forever since I've seen you, and I hope you have a great time while you're still there.
Email me sometime, it's still s401522@nwmissouri.edu

Anonymous said...

Yay Emily and Jimmy!! This week has been a good one for sure! I'm so glad that every blog lately has been a positive one. I will be praying that the DNA test goes speedy as well.
I agree with Kirsti, I haven't seen you in SO long! I'm going to copy her and give you my email. : )
s501687@nwmissouri.edu

Kimberly said...

OMG! It's not going to be more than 2 weeks until you're heading home!!! I have goosebumps! I am SO excited for you guys!!! At the same time I'm so sad that Lee Anne will be there by herself...but, I'm sure it won't be for long! I AM SO EXCITED!!! Wow, how weird to think in no time at all, all of us will be home and Antigua will just be a memory. Somehow, since all of you guys are still there, a part of me still feels like I'm there, too. Once you guys are gone, it will really and truly be an end of an era.

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting and Orange is such a great color!!! Not only is it OG colors, but it's halloween colors, which of course is Abbi's b-day. I'm telling you, they are meant to be best buds. I'm so happy for this blessing for you all and I can't wait for you to be home! :) See you soon!!!

Janelle

Katie said...

I remember being on edge at the airport, sure that someone was going to say there was something wrong and we couldn't go home yet. Pretty much until we lifted off, I was hesitant in believing it was really happening!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!! The Armstrong family will be home in KC very soon. We are all eagerly awaiting your arrival.

Love,
Mary

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Orange (Keegan's favorite color) looks great, but pink (Keeley's favorite color) will look even more wonderful! I'm so happy things are going well. You'll be home soon!!! Your mom is too sweet! :)

Felicia

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

It seems like things are happening so fast now. I will be praying that they continue to do so!

Johnsons said...

This is so great! I'm glad that Jimmy got to be there for all of that and celebrate the progress! What an amazing week, and you deserved it after last week! Yeah!

Amie Williams said...

That is awesome! It won't be long now! Luke is getting ready to play with his new friend Samuel, they have a lot of catching up to do. Love you guys,
Amie

Dan and Jen said...

Yay!!! I am so happy for you both. I have been waiting for good news on your Blog and you are almost home! Praise the Lord.

Love
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

emily, I am so glad this has been a productive fun part of the ride.
It's getting soooooo exciting!!!!! Keeping you in my prayers.