Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One year ago today....

...we met little Edgar, now Samuel Edgar Armstrong!


Today we got an email from the embassy. I knew it was too early to start packing my bags! They say we need proof that our fingerprints our current. Usually this happens when families have had to be re-printed. Our prints haven't expired and don't until March. The embassy has received documentation on this twice before. We are hoping they made a mistake, but we can't get anyone to give us information. We've emailed, called and I even went to the embassy today (I was already in Guat. City when we got the news!). Please pray that this gets resolved quickly so we can still get a visa appointment next week.

Our DNA is now on its way to Guatemala! It should arrive tomorrow.

Today Lee Anne and I visited two ministries in the city. We had seen them both briefly in July, but we met with leaders of both to ask questions about their needs and how our church could potentially get connected. It was a good, eye-opening day. We got lots of hugs from little kids in La Limonada- the shanty town in the city. We also went back to Potter's House, the ministry that works with the people who scavenge at the city dump. I'll post pictures at a later date :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that picture. I can't believe how much he has grown! Praying that the fingerprint issue is resovled quickly.

Anonymous said...

Praying that they resolve the fingerprint issue quickly. Just another bump in the road. You will be home before you know it, and missing the warm weather.
love-lins

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

It WILL be resolved quickly. I just know it! :) Wow! It's moving quickly now! DNA on it's way to Guatemala! You are very much on the home stretch now!!!

Felicia