Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Success!

Jimmy made it to Guatemala today and we went straight to the immigration office. The guard at the door said my lawyer had to be there. I told him it was my FIFTH trip to get this done and she was no longer helping me. I think the crazy look of desperation on my face scared him and he immediately let us in. We got Samuel's passport 20 minutes later. Can't believe after so many trips and so much waiting it was that easy!


We are planning to go to the embassy tomorrow to submit our final paperwork there and hopefully do DNA.


It is great having Jimmy here. I feel like I can breathe so much easier. Samuel went to Jimmy with absolutely no hesistation and then fell asleep on his shoulder in the car. They are having a great time!


22 comments:

Kyle said...

Praise Jesus! I laughed out loud with tears in my eyes when I saw Jim, Sam and the passport!! So very thrilled for all of you! Sam does look pretty content in his Dad's arms! Em, I know you are breathing easier now. So, so happy for you.
Now on to the next step. Watch out officials...the Armstrongs are on a mission!! :)
We love you very much,
Mom (and Dad)

The M. Herndon Family said...

Oh Emily, it is getting so close for you to be coming home! I am so excited for all of you. Can't wait for you to visit St. Louis so we can see you!!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy & Emy,

Congrats!!!! One step closer to bringing Samuel home! Yipeeeeee! What a sweet picture of Jimmy with Samuel. He looks safe and happy in his daddy's arms. Our prayers are with you.
Love,
Anut Peggy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that went well for you today! I love the room! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Anonymous said...

There's an old song with the words "so happy together." That picture made me think of that song lyric. Know you don't know it, but your parents do. :-)

Anonymous said...

Praise God. What an exciting day for you all. My mom and I are sitting here with tears of joy in our eyes. It won't be much longer until you and your precious family are home and together forever. What a glorious day that will be. Samuel's room is just adorable. It will be perfect once he is home and playing in it. Sending much love and prayers your way. Can't wait til you are home. Miss you much! Love-Lins (and my Mom)

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

WODNERFUL NEWS!!! It's about time something goes right for you. Hey, if the look of desperation works, I might go down there and try it! :) I am so happy for you, Jimmy and Samuel. It's great to hear something positive about your process! :)

Felicia

Mary Ludwig said...

Congrats!! What a CUTE picture of Jimmy & Samuel! Can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I am so glad that you got it. And most importantly, there is still a chance you'll be home for New Kids on the Block!! Just kidding, but it will be fun to have a girls night out! Glad Jimmy made it there safe. I'm glad I could help just a little with the paperwork, even if I did mess up on a couple forms. Thank goodness Jimmy is a pro and he brought extras.
Amie

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! I am so excited you are getting so close!

Deanna

Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEEE!!!! That is so exciting!!! It won't be long until you all are home! :) Enjoy your time together.

Janelle :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Armstrongs!!!!! Both of your boys are beaming, Emily. :) I hope everything goes well tomorrow. It's great to see all the dates filled in on the adoption time line. Love Samuel's bedroom...what fun! Can't wait to see you!
Renee

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am so excited. Praise God that we are one step closer to having you home. I miss you.
Love, E2

Anonymous said...

Way to go !!! We are so happy for all of you and hope these last couple steps go quickly. Looking forward to meeting Sammy.

Love you guys and still praying

Kenny & Joi (from TX)

Anonymous said...

HORRAY!!!!! I'm soooo happy for you and Jimmy!!! I will definetely be praying that the final papers and DNA test go well too! I'm SO excited for you guys!!!
: )

Kimberly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God your day was so wonderful. I love the picture of Samuel, Jim and the passport. Can you believe you are almost ready to come home? Samuel looks very happy and content. I'm so glad you will all be home very soon. God has been so good to all of us during this time. I can hardly wait to hold Samuel.

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Finally! It's a miracle that the passport guard allowed you to walk through their doors w/o a lawyer and back out with the passport. And I kind of chuckle imagining how you were desperately telling him in Spanish that you'd been there 4 times before! Can anyone doubt that God obviously went before you? We cannot wait to have you home and to meet this little guy.
Love, Nicole

Anonymous said...

That picture is so cute! Can't explain how excited I am!
Love you love you loveyou.
Tiff

Anonymous said...

The end is within sight. I am so excited that you will be here soon! I have missed you so much and can't wait to see you in person. Talk to you soon.

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

I wish my computer was working....I can't see any of the pictures everyone is saying are so cute. I will have to take their words on it. I am so excited for you guys! What wonderful news!

Ally Massey said...

Emily & Jimmy

I just said this morning that often in the task of being Mom & Dad we have to parent outside of our personality. Being bold through battles for our kids seems to be the way it goes. Know that it doesn't end when you hit the states. You'll forever have to defend, be bold, speak up, and battle in raising your little guy...that is the amazing and hard part of being a parent. You are already a pro after enduring this process in Guatemala. You are so close...what an exciting time. Cannot wait to greet you at home. Hang in there during the last few weeks...I'm sure it's a lot like Senioritis.