Thursday, October 30, 2008

P-I-N-K!!!

We are PINK! In the adoption world, this means we have our embassy appointment scheduled! Monday is the big day! We have the appointment Monday, return Tuesday afternoon to pick up the visa and then can fly out on Wednesday.


I called the embassy today to make sure our DNA results had made it out of the mailroom. I talked to a nice woman (which was a huge blessing after the unhelpful people we'd encountered before). She said "Oh yes, I have several here on my desk. Let me see... yep, here's the Armtrong's. Would you like a Monday appointment?" Would I like a Monday appointment? Are you kidding me? I cried.
It is official. We will be home sometime next week! We have to make flight arrangements still, but we are KC bound! Thank You, Jesus!

35 comments:

The Heinrichs said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing! I am crying for you! Can't wait to see pics of the homecoming!!! Maybe you should start packing!!!!

PS---I will get that check out to you soon...I keep forgetting!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is amazing news!

-Brooke Dye

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you. Congrats.
Love you.
Tiffany

Stephanie said...

Emily, I have been following your journey through your blog and sweet friends like Amie Williams, Nicole Todd and Ally Massey!
I am so excited for you! I caught my breath when I saw your title! I have heard that maybe you will attending our Bible Study! Please know, there is a spot waiting just for you (and you too LeeAnne!) and I cannot wait to hug you in person!
Praying for your trip home and praising God for His faithfulness!
Stephanie

The Hoags said...

Awesome, awesome news. I have been following your blog for several months and admire you SO much for everything you've gone through. What a blessing little Samuel is...and so adorable! Congratulations!!

Kimberly Geswein said...

Super congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Emmy,
Kyle told me last week, the word "Pink" was the special word. So good to see "Pink"! I think Samuel needs a pink shirt. :-) Just kidding, Jimmy. So very happy for you and thankful to our God. I just knew it would be a thankful Thanksgiving in Missouri!!! I will be down to meet this young man soon. (Kyle get my room ready!)

Anonymous said...

yay!!!! that is so exciting! can't wait to see you! still praying for you all! :)
-Alissa

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! This is fantastic news! God is so good. We can't wait to see you and to meet Samuel. Yeah!

Angie

Kimberly said...

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love the pink shirt in honor of this monumental occasion!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is SOO awesome Emily!!
Brandi

nathanartz said...

Yea!!! This is the best news EVER. Next week, you will see fall and pumpkins and everything. Yippee, so exciting, wish I could be there to welcome you home. Praise God. Talk soon, I will keep praying for your safe return:)
Katie

Anonymous said...

how awesome! Can't wait You are almost home!

Mrs. Nicole Gilbert said...

Emily! You will be home next week! We will almost just cross paths in the airport--we fly back from Tawnia's wedding in Florida on Tuesday! I hope we get to see you as soon as we can (I know you will be in high demand!).

Tim just said, do you know how many times we check this blog (multiple a day!!) and now you are coming home. It is incredible.

See you NEXT WEEK!!!!!!
Love,
The Gilberts

Mary Ludwig said...

Congrats Armstrongs!! Can't wait meet Samuel!

Anonymous said...

What INCREDIBLE news! I am so excited that you and Samuel get to come home in less than a week. I can't wait to meet him. love-Lins

erin said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I'm so excited for you guys! Oh my gosh. I can't wait for your feet to be on the ground in KC!

Renee said...

YES!!! At last, you will be coming home! You look great in pink...I couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy your last weekend in Guatemala. :)
Hugs, Renee

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

PINK IS WONDERFUL!!!! YIPEE!!! Congrats!!! I'll see you next week!!! :)

Felicia

Anonymous said...

For some reason when I got out of the shower this morning I thought I needed to go check your blog! That is the best news! Congratulations-- and I can't wait to see you!

- Jennifer Reeder

Katie said...

This brought tears!! I better answer your email quick!

The M. Herndon Family said...

I'm so happy for you!! "Would you like a Monday appointment??" Are you serious, lady? OF COURSE we'll be there on Monday!!!! Aaaahhgggg! Your last few days in Guatemala!! I'm jumping for joy for you!!!

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

YEAH! I am soooooo excited! Praise God! Wow. I am just so excited! I started jumping up and down! My roommate thinks I crazy since it is early in the morning and I accidently woke her up. But now she is excited too! I love you guys!! I can't wait to see you again and meet little Samuel!

Tami Cummings said...

Wow.. that is great news. I am addicted to reading your blog.. I am so so so happy you are coming home. Can't wait to meet Samuel!
Tami

Ally Massey said...

Emily
This morning my children and I gathered around the computer and looked at your blog. We rejoice with you. They smiled big and I cried. When I cry my kids ask if I want a tic tac...funny kids!!! We are so excited for you. It has been awesome to share in this experience with you. We cannot wait to see you at home. Pretty soon you will driving around KC with a carseat in the back of your very own car. No more Guatemalian transportation. So much to say...but now I can wait and have you and Samuel over for lunch and we can talk and talk.
Praying a grateful prayer for God's great big YES.
Ally

Ally Massey said...

Hey Emily,

This is ally's daughter. Im sssssssssooooooooo excited for you and your family. You probably heard that i was at the computer with my mother. You probably heard also that she started crying when she read that you were coming home sometime around wednesday. Its true that my mother cried, in fact....i discovered it. Anywho, im so excited that we can finally meet Samuel.....in person. Myer seems really excited too. Can't wait!

Luv,
---Baylor---

Jenn Beyer Talton said...

YES!!! I'm SOO excited! It seemed at times this would never get here! Love you lots - can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Mimi said...

Hi, I'm Mimi - Friend of your cousin Jenn.

I've kept up with your blog and I cannot tell you how excited I am!!!! I feel like I should throw a party for you here in TEXAS!

Excitement abounds!

Brian and Nicole said...

Jimmy,Emily, & Samuel-
Congrats for getting your PINK slip! I know you will be in high demand, but during the week feel free to give Taylor and I call to hang out, get lunch or whatever, we love play dates.
Nicole

Amie Williams said...

YYYYEEEAAHHHHH! I have a little lump in my throat too! Sooo excited to finally meet Samuel.
AMIE

Anonymous said...

I am so excited and got really teary eyed reading this blog entry! I can't believe how blessed you are to have a beautiful little son that you now get to bring home!

Congratulations!!!!!! :)

-Kirsti

Kammie said...

Emily, I know we've never met, but feel free to call me or email me if you guys need a place to stay in the city or anything. I live in zona 15 and I have an extra room if you need anything!!!! 5362-6890

Anonymous said...

emmy - woohooo yay!! cannot wait to hug you both! praise the Jesus! :-)
much love- amy

Unknown said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! CONGRATS! The lunch bunch can't wait to see you and meet Samuel!
Ferg

Johnsons said...

Em, YEAH!!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to chat tomorrow! Love you!