Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Wednesday...

Oh, RENAP, please let us OUT!
Yes, we are still in RENAP- 5 weeks and going strong. It puts me in an anti-email, anti-blog, anti-skype mood because I am so tired of saying that we are still waiting and don't know when we'll be home. Plus life down here gets pretty routine, so I struggle to have anything interesting to share! Sorry for being a Debbie Downer :).

Yesterday I met my lawyer at the RENAP office. The place is a total zoo! It was very eye-opening for me, as I realized that there isn't much more my lawyer can be doing. They are unorganized, uncooperative and unhelpful. I stood in a room with probably 200 Guatemalans (it's the office where you get birth certificates and national IDs), sticking out more than ever, and was so frustrated! Because our paperwork was misplaced, it wasn't signed off last Friday like it should have been. They promised to release it early this week, but now won't. At this point, I'm just hoping that it will come out this Friday. Once it is out, we STILL won't really have our birth certificate. Our lawyer has to take the paperwork to Jalapa, where Samuel was born, and there they issue the certificate. I'm praying that they will issue it the same day.

Then we will be able to do the passport, final medical visit and second DNA test. At that point, things should move quickly, but it just seems like we'll never get there. At this point, we will not be home at the end of this month. I'm still holding out for the first week of November, but we'll see. If we don't get good news this week, I'm going to start scoping out places that serve Thanksgiving dinner!

Now that I've gotten over not being home by the end of the month, I'm trying to just treasure this time with Samuel. We've had some funny moments- he likes to "draw" now and laughs when I give him a pen and paper. Last night I almost knocked myself out in our room. It was dark and I randomly leave the armoir doors open (have to keep them aired out because of the mold!). I went in to go to bed and bent over to take off my shoes and whacked my nose on the door. I look like I've been in a fight- some nice bruises!

Today Lee Anne gifted me one of her hours with the babysitter. One sweet hour of unexpected freedom!! I am amazed at what I can accomplish without Samuel attached to me. I hit the gym and grocery store. All was going well until I headed home and got caught in a downpour. I arrived home dripping wet with mascara under my eyes. Not sure what I'll do when I can just hop in the car and run errands like this again!

That's all from here- thanks again for the encouraging words and prayers. We'll be home eventually!

13 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I pray it will be this week! Come one, RENAP!!! You're making us crazy!

Felicia

Anonymous said...

Hey Em, I'm sorry things don't seem to be moving and that you are feeling so down. :( I don't have any wise words of wisdom, but remember how much we all love you and will welcome you two home whenever that may be. Treasure your time with Samuel as the crazy hussle and bussle of life will quickly return for you when you come home. I miss you and can't wait for you be here!

Love ya,
Janelle

The Heinrichs said...

I feel the same way about the posting..I feel like someone is going to tell me to just shut up someday b/c my posts are nothing but depressing! Praying RENAP is good to you Friday!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
Despite trials with renap, Samuel looks happy and content. All the illness must be gone. No need to have anything spectacular or new to report. We just like hearing you are both well.

Love,
Grandma Mary

Anonymous said...

Emy,

Hang in there. We are so proud of you. We pray that things will start to move along for you. We think of you and Samuel everyday!

Love,
Aunt Peggy & Uncle Lee

Johnsons said...

Em, I love you and I think about you guys daily. I am so hopeful for things to happen this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Love you Em! Hang in there, I can't imagine how frustrated you are right now. Just know that we are all thinking about and praying for you constantly :)

Love,

Blair

Anonymous said...

Emmy,
I know you are in the prayers and thoughts of so many. I don't get it!!!
I'm currently trying to memorize Ro. 15:13 (or maybe 13:15.......you see how far along I am!) I thought of you this morning while I was working on it. Speaks of the "God of hope giving joy and peace". Maybe you want to memorize it w/me.???? We both know God's word is good medicine for our down times.
Love you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for exciting news for you this week. Sorry it wasn't what you expected. I was glad you had a gift of an hour with the babysitter. I'm also glad your nose is not broken. At least you know that your lawyer couldn't be doing more Don't worry about being a downer. It's real life in guatemala! Sometimes it good to just talk about things and let it out. It doesn't changer things but it is good therapy!

Bill and Melodie said...

You'll do like me and complain about having to get Samuel out in the rain and ask your hubby to stop and pick up such and such on his way home so you don't have to get Samuel out... How quickly we forget...

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie, I'm sorry I've been away for about a week! I know you are so frustrated and sad but hang in there and just keep looking for God in things. He is right there in the middle of it, I know it. I love you and will continue to pray!

Love ya,
Parker

Anonymous said...

I hope this week is a special one!! I'm feelin' it! : ) Samuel just keeps getting bigger and bigger I swear!
Brandi

Dawn S. said...

You mean I am not the only Debbie Downer out there?? *sigh* what a relief!

Listen, this journey is so taxing. You are handling it amazingly!! You have your baby with you and no hubby. I have my hubby but not my kids. Let's pray that this gets switched around soon!!