Quick update:
Our DNA has arrived at the lab in the States. Did I already say the lab is in Columbia, MO? So crazy to think that it is so close to KC and we aren't! The lab is telling us it will be shipped out tomorrow night back to Guatemala! Yea!
I know this is bizarre, but I have a new toothbrush and bottle brush just sitting here. I've had them a couple of weeks, but for some reason, I keep thinking "I better wait to open them until I know for sure I'm going home." The current ones are still in OK shape and I still have this lingering fear something is going to go wrong and we'll be here longer and then I'll wish I would have gotten the full life out of these items. I get that this is illogical behavior for many reasons. Still can't bring myself to use them... maybe when the airplane tickets are booked?
Happy Monday!
12 comments:
Wow...that was quick! I think it's pretty safe to say you will be home very soon!!!
Yeah!! Emmy, we are all celebrating with you. Don't worry about using the brushes. You are on the road home!!! I hope Samuel is going to make it to Blair's shower. Have you even thought that far ahead yet? I'm sure everyone there will want to meet him. Thank you too, for keeping everyone so informed on your journey. We feel like we are there w/you. :-)
Things I love about Emily's Blog
1. The adorable picture of your story and those around you.
2. Watching Samuel embraced and treasure by loving parents.
3. Reading your hope and trust in the Lord's amazing adventure for your life.
4. The timeline of your adoption and seeing the progress...yippee!
5. Reading other's responses to your journey
6. Being reminded to pray for the poor and oppressed of our world.
7. Seeing you stretched and challenged by God
8. Being aware of life outside of Blue Springs, Missouri
9. The links for other's stories and needs
10. Reading, watching and praying as a family is born... clear across the world.
I love Alley's post and I love all of those things too. I am like a little kid getting excited for you guys every time I read it! You're so close now!
Amie
Emily-
I am so happy for the progress you have been getting. I saw your parents at church on Sunday and they are just beaming that you will be home soon! Can't wait to meet Samuel!
Nicole
Wow that was way faster then I thought it would be. And that is a good thing! It is easy to think of what could go wrong when you are this close to being able to come home. Just take it day by day and you guys will be home before you know it!
I'm the same way!!! Don't open them!!! :) You are going to be home so quick!!! I can't wait to see you and Samuel!
Felicia
Halleluia!! I can't wait...and you won't need those brushes!!! You will be home so soon now. God doesn't tease us; he's just fulfilling his promises of faith in how BIG HE IS!!!!
I love you,
Parker
Ally's post is so creative and so true! Your blog has been amazing to read and your journey there is an awesome testimony to your relationship with Jesus! Any day now... can't wait to see you!
Go ahead and use the old brushes. You're going to need the new ones at home in November :)
Joi and I are excited to see you and have you over for steak diner again ;-)
Love and Prayers
Kenny and Joi
I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
Come home now!
Love you,
Tiff
Emy,
I'm so excited for all of you. Can't believe it.....then end is almost here. You and Samuel will be home soon.
We love you!!!!!
Lee & Peggy
Post a Comment