No update on our case, but thought I'd post a few pics from yesterday.
We said good-bye to the Wheeler family last night. They are headed back to Tennessee today and we are so excited for them to settle in to family life at home! We miss you guys! Here is the Wheeler fam with Maria (our amazing nanny) and Virginia (house manager).
We said good-bye to the Wheeler family last night. They are headed back to Tennessee today and we are so excited for them to settle in to family life at home! We miss you guys! Here is the Wheeler fam with Maria (our amazing nanny) and Virginia (house manager).
Below are the kiddos: Madi (our friend Melissa's girl), Milo, Erick, Eliana and Samuelito!
Erick is in to the ladies. He was kissing Eliana and Madi all night. Samuel, on the other hand, was more interested in his block!
Things here are ok. Still lots of waiting.... Chris was asking me about some words in Spanish. We got to talking about how the verb for "to wait" and "to hope" is the same- esperar. It's no coincidence that "Esperamos al Senor" (We wait on the Lord) and also "Esperamos en el Senor" (We hope in the Lord). That same day I had read Psalm 129 and had written it down in Spanish:
"Espero al Señor, lo espero con toda el alma; en su palabra he puesto mi esperanza. Espero al Señor con toda el alma, más que los centinelas la mañana." That esperar verb was all over the place- to hope, to wait! (Translation: I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning) Some of your are thinking "What a Spanish grammar dork!" Yes, thank you, I am! Summary: we continue waiting and hoping...
Anyways, thanks for the prayers and support. We so appreciate it. For a heartwarming picture, check out the post on the Embrey's blog. They are home today with Cindi and the picture of her in the room that has been waiting for her just gave me goosebumps!
Carol Evans and Lisa Guier- you guys are amazing- thanks for the surprise care packages! Lisa sent us, among other things, a great book called Same Kind of Different as Me. I finished it in two days! Thought I'd recommend it :).
Oh, I keep meaning to ask for some mom advice.... Any suggestions on what to do with mi hijo who started out eating everything and lots of it and now doesn't eat much and is picky? Is this normal!? :) He likes solid foods, but I can't seem to find enough protein sources that he can eat with his fingers. Ideas? Can't wait to be closer to experienced moms- we're all amateurs down here, so we have no where to go for advice! Thanks!
5 comments:
Yes, the book, The Same Kind of Different as Me, is one of my favorites this year! Isn't it amazing that with the Lord there are no coincidences? He's so clever and creative with His plan!
glad you like the book. I couldn't put it down either. Samuel will look back at that picture and wish he had been kissing the girl. He'll think, man why was I eating that block. have a good week.
Your "farewell" is coming! Isn't that exciting!!! I pray you will hear something today (Friday). Keegan and Keeley have both done the "picky" phase. Nothing to worry about. Keegan is still pretty picky and often says "NOT THIS!" when we sit down for dinner and I've cooked something that he used to like! NEVER DULL AROUND HERE! :)
Felicia
Just wanted you to know I am covering you and all the other adopting families in prayer today. I'm always mindful of you...but today the Lord has been good to remind me at every turn and lift you all up to His throne. Set your face as flint before Him today...do not look to the right or to the left...what is the Lord your God doing in front of your face today. Praying you feel wrapped in His embrace and that as your face is towards Him your eyes can See HIM.
Ally
What a wonderful way to change the outlook...MY outlook.
Dawn :)
Post a Comment