Sunday, October 19, 2008

7 Months

As of yesterday, I've been here 7 months which just seems crazy to me. Hoping to be home before that 8 month mark :)!



After so many trips to the city this week, I was looking forward to a quiet weekend. We had planned to have lunch with some other adoptive moms here at out place on Saturday. I got a call from my lawyer saying that my documents were ready and that she wanted me to meet her in the city in an hour. I was a bit nervous to meet with her alone (I asked my taxi driver to come in with me!), but I took off for the city again (trip #5 for the week) and I do have the paperwork now. This means I don't have to worry about whether or not she'll show up on Tuesday! Now I just have to pray the paperwork is all in order and we have a smooth passport and embassy experience!



Just wanted to say MUCHAS GRACIAS to Jenna for the care package! I have been surprised by how many random visitors have been in Guatemala. It seems to be a much more popular travel destination than I had thought. My college friend, Jenna's, neighbors were here and brought Samuel and me some fun goodies. Thank you!



Here is Samuel on one of our trips this week. We usually don't have the luxury of a car seat, which means I end up wrestling with him the whole time while trying not to get car sick. I am very excited about having a car seat at home!





Here's Samuel and Milo in action during some post-breakfast playtime. This is our "mini-me" toy stroller. It is a popular toy with the boys, even though it's pink!

11 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Sounds great!!! Now you will be in control and do not have to rely on anyone else!!! :) This is going to be a great week! Real men (I mean boys) like pink! :)

Felicia

Kimberly said...

So happy you got the paperwork! The picture of Milo and Samuel is so cute. Are they walking??? I can't believe everyone is at that age already!

Your comment about my "Guatemalan" clothes was hilarious! As I posted those pictures I wondered to myself if you guys would notice... but, of course you would. It's the only thing you saw for 6 months!

Oh, and LOVE the idea of carving squash. I've told a dozen people about it so far. I don't know why, but it just makes me smile. Miss you guys a lot!

The Heinrichs said...

Wow...you are getting so much closer!!! Love the pic of the boys and the stroller...man those kids loved those things! Of course I had to register Auri for 4 more (all different- of course)!

nathanartz said...

Yea, good news. I love the pink stroller! I agree, real boys like pink! I am excited to have you home, what a crazy last week for you. I am praying all runs smoothly from now till home time. Miss you lots
Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have your paperwork and hoping and praying all goes well on tuesday. I think the boys like the stroller because it has wheel! Hope this is a good week for you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful boy! Will keep praying!

Steph said...

What cute pictures! I think we met back in May on Mother's Day at Hotel Antigua. I am so happy to see that you are so close to coming home.

Josh and Jen said...

Emily, I am continuting to pray for you and Samuel and LeeAnne ane Erik.....I have been following your blogs and have never left a comment....but today just wanted you to know that I am praying! One of my life verses!
Hebrews 10:23

Jen (McCain) Ward

Johnsons said...

Samuel looks so cute in the little stroller! haha! Samuel will have blast with all of Bella's pink toys! I'm praying for your trip today!

Anonymous said...

It's okay for boys to like pink.
love you,
Tiff

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

Ashlee and I have been checking your blog like every hour for updates on what is happening today. Hope everything went well. We have been praying for you guys!