The highlight of the weekend was a visit from Dawn and Dorsey Embrey, our friends from KC who are adopting Cindy and Caterin. They were here for a quick visit to celebrate Cindy's 11th birthday. Here's the birthday girl!

Below is Cindy (left) with Erick and Caterin with Samuel in our pila. Please pray that both of these girls get to go home soon!

Dorsey with the girls on the neighbor's trampoline....

It was a great visit! Today we went to brunch and spent some time at the market and in a few jade stores (which is one of the things Guatemala is famous for). Jimmy and Samuel were both good shoppers :). Guatemala is also gearing up for their Independence Day celebration- September 15. There are Guatemalan flags hanging everywhere like the pic below and being sold on the street and in the market. It's supposed to be a fun day here in Antigua- I'm guessing there will be lots of music and fireworks- that seems to be the standard for celebrating here!
We don't have any big plans for Jimmy's last few days here besides trying to pack up some of my things to send home with him. As long as nothing crazy happens, the next time he comes down, he'll be bringing us home!
7 comments:
Em,
We will be praying for Cindy and Caterin. Very cute pictures of the girls and the "boys" in the pila!
I had chills and tears when I read your last statement..."the next time he (Jim) comes down, he'll be bringing us home!" We are so ready for that to take place. We miss you and so desire for you and Sam to be home. Enjoy this week with Jim and Sam!
We love you very much,
Dad & Mom
Love the lion!!! :) I Skyped with Dawn last night and saw the girls. Poor Caterin is not feeling well. They are both so beautiful! I praying they get home soon. I'm praying all of our children come home soon! You're on the last leg. It won't be long and Jimmy will be making that "pick-up" trip. :)
Felicia
Em, I got chills thinking about Jimmy coming down only one last time to pick you guys up! How exciting and how near it really is! We will continue to pray that things move smoothly and quickly for you guys and the other families. Those girls are precious!
Emily,
Doesn't seem like it is time for him to come back already. I'm so glad you all have been able to have this time together and what a great feeling that you are packing your stuff up to send back with him. I hope the rest of the wait flys by for you!
Wow, I can't believe his visit is almost over with! I'm sure it's going to be hard on him to say goodbye, but hopefully it is just for a short time! How exciting that his next visit will be to bring his family home! Love you guys and can't wait for you come home!
Janelle
I'm so excited that your time there is almost over and then a new adventure begins!
It is exciting to hear about everyone coming home soon. We all pray the birth certificate and blood tests are speedy. I know Jim will be overjoyed to have his family under one roof in KC. Hope you all enjoy the week together and remember the end of your stay in Guatemala is coming quickly. These days will be fond memories!
Love,
Grandma Mary
Post a Comment