Today Samuel is 13 months old and as of last Thursday, I have been in Guatemala for 6 months! Lindsey, Lee Anne and I were walking home this evening and just laughed thinking about how the Lord brought us all to this place with these precious little ones. Who knew!?!
We had a good weekend. To celebrate recent progress in the adoption world, we had massages this morning. I know you are thinking "Must be rough!" I'm not usually a massage kind of girl, but this is a good story. There are two missionaries who live near us. They work in a small town outside of Antigua. There is a woman in the town who does 60 minute massage for 100 Q which is a bit less than $14. She has 3 kids and has recently taken in 3 additional kids who were living on the street (their father is dead and mom is a prostitute), so she has 6 kids between the ages of 9 and 17. Anyways, the missionaries told us about her and we gave her a call. She came to the house and we each got a massage. She was super kind and it was a great morning.
This afternoon, we went to a "good-bye" party for our friend, Kim (below), and her daughter Lily. Kim has been in Guatemala for almost 2 years waiting for her adoption to finalize! They have had so many issues with her case so it was so sweet to see her getting ready to head home!
Our housemate, Lindsey, should be "pink" soon, which means she'll get her embassy appointment. This is the last step. Lindsey and Eliana (below) will be headed home soon and we'll miss them.
5 comments:
That is exciting that cases are starting to move and people are finally able to bring their little one's home. I'm sure it's sad to say goodbye, but you've made some lifelong friends in this journey. :)
I think it's great that you all were able to get a massage, after being a single parent for so long you all deserve one!!! :)
Let's hope that this is a very busy week and that the cases really start moving along! Have a good week and keep on smiling.
Janelle
PS I heard on a radio station today, "Never gonna get it...". It made me laugh and think back to all the good times we had in high school. :)
It's so hard to believe it's been 6 months (Probably not to you). It won't be much longer! I love hearting "Pink" stories!
Felicia
This little girl is ADORABLE!!! I love the massage story!
Ahh massages! So jealous! I know you are anxious to get home but believe me after being there for 2 months and having to leave I would do anything to have the ability to stay the entire time! I know it often feels like our timelines are just getting longer but sounds as though you will def be home for the holidays! Miss you guys!
Deanna
I think its awesome that you had a massage. You helped her in supporting her children. that's great and it was good for you too.What an amazing story. She has so little but she still takes in more children. What a story of selflessness! Hope you are relaxed!
Post a Comment