Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still waiting for the birth certificate...

It's been 2 1/2 weeks since we were submitted to RENAP to get Samuel's new birth certificate. We found out today that we have a "previo" in RENAP. This means that our lawyer had some paperwork missing (the birth mom interview paper from PGN). This paper has to be added to our RENAP paperwork and resubmitted. Hopefully soon! The only problem is that our agency couldn't get ahold of our lawyer or facilitator today- erg! I'm hoping they can communicate tomorrow and we'll know more about how long this will take. I am disappointed as earlier in the week our agency director mentioned she thought we would have our birth certificate soon. More waiting- yea!



Samuel is also still fairly sick so we've been housebound for several days. All of the car/bus exhaust on the street really bothers him because he's so congested, so we have just stayed in. Pretty boring week!



Some good news! My housemate Angie got out of RENAP this week so she got her son, Milo's, birth certificate and passport done. Our friends, the Embrey's, are also very close to having the adoption finalized for one of their 2 girls. Yea!


In closing- a quick shot of Samuel (pre-sickness) trying out his new toothbrush. The whole brushing his teeth (all 4 1/2 of them) is kind of a struggle, but he's intrigued by it!

6 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

How frustrating! Don't you feel like you've been on a "Hurry up and wait" merry-go-round for years!!! I'm so sorry about RENAP. Hopefully, it will be soon. Tell Angie congratulations. I'm so happy things are moving for her. I love to brush little ones' teeth. It's so cute (but can be difficult). But, of course, what isn't cute with little ones? :)

Felicia

Ally Massey said...

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in HIS word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. (Psalm 130:6)
Emily....I think it's interesting that the phrase more than watchman wait for the morning is repeated in scripture. You almost sense in reading it that it is a desperate cry. I know your heart waits for each passing day, for news, for paperwork, for coming home, for closer. The wait is so hard, actually painful....but it's so often how God get's our attention and carries out HIS plan. You are doing super in the wait and it's obvious your hope is in the Lord. Hang in there!! I join with you in prayer as a watchman and also cannot wait until the morning you are home.
Ally

Anonymous said...

Hey Em,
Sorry for the hangup in RENAP! Hopefully, things will start to pick up for you guys. Samuel is too cute sitting there in his PJ's. Gosh, I can't wait to give him a big hug and kiss!! I hope that he gets to feeling better so that you all can get out and enjoy a change of scenery from the inside of the house. :)
OG won tonight against Odessa, our big rival!!!

Miss you!
Janelle

Anonymous said...

wow it does sound like a tough week. What seems to us a simple thing,like getting the paperwork together, becomes another source of... erg! Hope Samuel is better as I type this so you can get out and help pass the time. It is encouraging that your housemates's case is moving because that means things are moving so you must be next! praying for you to have stregth and trust as you wait.
lisa

erin said...

Sorry for more delays Emily. We will pray for good news this week. Marlie won't let me brush her teeth either! The doctor suggested trying an electric one and she just likes to hold it in her mouth in one spot. I keep thinking the dentist is going to arrest me at our first appointment

Anonymous said...

Em,

I am sorry I have not been able to look at the blog this wait until today. I have prayed for Sammie's health though. I just remember my verses in 2 Chron. about ok Lord we have prayed and been obedient so now what and God answered in a HUGE way and defeated those armies without them lifting a hand. God is doing the same for you...Just stay the course and hang-in there. You and Jimmy both know God is orchestrating even when the waiting and the unimaginable goofs get to be almost too much.

I love you and miss you,
Parker