On one of his visits down here, my dad asked "Who would want to live in a place called "Guat. City"?" It just doesn't top most people's travel destinations list. The Guatemalans just refer to it as "Guate". I have to say that it isn't really a fun or pretty place, but I had a good time there today and yesterday.
I made a trip to "Guate" to visit the Embrey's who are here to pick up Cindi! Thanks to the Embrey's generosity, I stayed the night at the hotel and hung out with their family as well as the Whitworth's and Wheeler's who were also in the city for the night. The Wheeler's and the Embrey's both had their embassy appointments today and pick up their visas tomorrow! Yea!
The Embrey family is adopting two girls, but Caterin's case is still stuck in PGN. I went with the Embrey's and Whitworth's to PGN today. I think we caused quite a stir- you don't see many adoptive parents in there! It can be a bit of an intimidating place. The Embrey's and Whitworth's were both able to speak with the head lady over adoptions and, after some tense conversation, both families received good news. When we left PGN, the Embrey's lawyer packed us all in his Jeep Cherokee (all six adults, 2 babies and 2 girls!) and took us back to the hotel. Someone said that the car ride was very indicative of our Guatemalan experience- you just never know what will happen next, but at least we're all in it together! It was a funny moment of looking around and being SO thankful for the other families that God has placed in our lives through this process. The bond we share is a sweet blessing! Below is the infamous PGN building. Not all that exciting, but thought the other adoptive families might appreciate it. They also have the lovely (insert sarcasm) bushes that spell out P-G-N in front of the building. I am sure that Jimmy would have many suggestions on how to TP or vandalize them....
Without going into too much detail, this week is a big week for us as we wait for progress with our case. Please pray that God would grant us favor with our lawyer and the Guatemalan government. We should have a better update after Friday.
This week we also celebrated what I think is the last of the 1st birthdays of our Antigua friend group. Miss Rachael Anne turned one on Saturday and had a fun garden party. Here she is below with her parents, Beth and Kirk. She is also now out of PGN- praise God!
I read the verse below this morning- found it very encouraging as I prepared to head to PGN with the other families and also in light of our case. In the Spanish version, instead of "gate", it says "tribunales", which means court. The Lord continues to give us the strength to "contend" and fight to bring these kids home!
Psalm 127:3, 5 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.... Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies at the gate."
9 comments:
What an amazing day all of you had!!! I'm so happy for everyone - especially Caterin! I pray she will be joining her sister soon! AND I pray that all of you will be home soon as well (along with Otoniel!) :)
Felicia
Dearest Jim and Em,
As always you are in our prayers. We will be praying specifically that the "Lord continues to give you and all the adoptive parents the strength to "contend" and fight to bring your children home!" We love you more than you can know.
Dad and Mom
emily,
I will continue to pray! Thanks again for the update and the pics. It helps to give us a "window" of what you're going through. I'm sure everyone is very thankful for you and your spanish! did you ever think that when you started taking spanish that it would be used in this way! You are awesome.
lisa
Em,
I will be praying that this Friday is a BIG good news day for you.
I would love to use my TPing experience at PGN :) That is awesome that you guys made so much progress with one visit. What a priceless gift that you are fluent in Spanish. I read Psalms 66 today, and I'm praying verses 10-12 for you all.
Amie
I will pray that Friday is a day of incredible news that brings worship like no other. Remembering though that God has his hand all over this no matter what.
Love you!
Parker
ps. I'm celebrating a first birthday of sorts...my first one celebrating MY HUSBAND's B-day!!
I'm so proud of all of you for making a scene at PGN. It sounds like you are all pretty brave. And its so good to hear that you have other great families with you there. We will be praying for good news this week!
Sounds like you are keeping busy. Man I can't believe how many birthdays you have celebrated. I will be saying a special prayer this week for you guys! This weekend I lead a D Now with my roommate in Arkansas and God taught me the importance of learning, living and love through God's word. I used you as an example of this to my 8th grade girls. So know you have some Arkansas people praying for you. haha
Emily
I have so many thoughts...I wish I could just pick up the phone and chat with you for an hour...but yikes that would be costly...so I will try to be brief on your blog. May Jehovah-Nissi be your Battle Fighter as you go....may you remember that it is the Lord that will fulfill His purpose for you. His love..endures forever...and he will not abandon the works on HIS hands. So often I get overwhelmed with the huge obstacles at hand...it helps to remember nothing is too hard for God...no obstacle too big...no challenge to overwhelming. When He contends with the enemy...He wins(always). Praying for you this week...specifically as you try to wrap up all the pieces to adopting your precious Samuel. May our Great and Victorious God go before you each step and be the Battle Fighter.
On my knees Ally
Post a Comment