Yesterday was a great day! We had a birthday party for Samuelito attended by our lovely Antigua friends. It was a bit of a blur- not sure if that is due to the large amount of sugar I consumed or the craziness of eleven 1 -2 year olds and their moms running about!
At the risk of sounding sentimental, I'll share that when we sang "happy birthday" to Samuel, I had an unexpected lump in my throat. We celebrated our little boy's birthday today. Wow. For me, it has also been a celebration of the faithfulness of my sweet Jesus who placed this amazing blessing in our life.
The lump in my throat was also due to the amazing friendships that Samuel and I have made down here. It reminds me of college life, where you meet people and grow close quickly because you have lots of late night bonding time and hang out daily (except now it it early morning bonding time instead of the late nights!). When I get glimpses of going home, I get excited, but immediately think of how hard it will be to say good-bye to our friends here. My housemates are wonderful and Samuel is going to be lonely when we get home and he doesn't have three other babies to hang out with all day. I think one of the sweetest parts to this adventure is the quality time with my KC housemate, Lee Anne. Not sure if I could do this without her and Erick here!
Below are the traditional cake eating pictures. Samuel loved the chocolate cake and ice cream. He did a good job of getting messy. Jimmy cleaned him up by putting him in the baby pool.
Thanks to Gramma Beyer for the green/frog decor (in honor of Samuel's frog-like crawl!) and to Grandma Mary and Aunt Heather for the birthday plate. Everyone was very impressed!
Thanks to Gramma Beyer for the green/frog decor (in honor of Samuel's frog-like crawl!) and to Grandma Mary and Aunt Heather for the birthday plate. Everyone was very impressed!
5 comments:
Samuel looks good in "chocolate!" I wish we could have been there. We'll get the next one! :) God Bless you, Little Samuel.
Felicia
Ok...can't type through the tears!
What a sweet, sweet day with sweet, sweet Samuel! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! XO XO XO
We love you,
Dad & Mom
emily, I was impressed with the plate also! I'm sure you had a lump in your throat1 What a special day for you and Jimmy with Samuel. Is he still doing the frog crawl? Bella is doing the GI Jane commando crawl. That would be reall cute to see them navigate together. GI Jane and Frog man.
Keep enjoying. lisa ps. I'm probably talking about Bella too much!
What an amazing blessing to celebrate! It's so sweet to know the journey of the Armstrongs and see God's faithfulness and walk with you! It's okay to be sentimental! :)
Is it not amazing!!! I have tears in my eyes as I think of you and this journey. You and Jimmy have stayed the course, trusting in our Lord and just look at the huge rewards!!! I can't wait to meet Samuel and get to watch him grow. I can't wait to have you home and to watch you and Jimmy grow as parents and see how your home fills with more love, more grace, and most of all, more trust and love for our Lord.
Love you guys,
Parker
p.s. Moms get to be sentimental!! :)
Post a Comment