Friday, August 29, 2008

A Few More Pictures













These are pictures I forgot to post the other day. Here are our birthday girls celebrating (Lee Anne and Lindsey). Lee Anne was getting serenaded when we went out to dinner on Sunday. It was the longest version of Happy Birthday we've ever heard!


Below is Samuel sporting his birthday present from Maria- a camisa tipica. We also bought him some shoes at the market that are not as soft soled as his others. The brand name which is in big letters on the shoes? honky! Pretty sure that isn't PC, but they are cute shoes.
Thanks for the encouraging words on the last post. I should wait to post until I'm less upset some days! :) We did get an email from our agency that said our facilitator did go to Jalapa last week, but didn't have the right forms to turn in our birth certificate paperwork. His wife still was not honest with me when I talked to her last week, which irks me. Supposedly they were going to go again soon to submit the paperwork... we'll see!
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

The Hollemans - Chloe's Journey said...

I found you from The Wheelers Blog. I loved reading about your adoption process and your adventures in Guat. We are in the process of adopting a little girl. We are stuck in PGN!

I was just looking to make some new friends of adoptive moms going through the same process. We do really need each other. Just wanted to say how much comfort just reading your story and your pictures has brought to me today. If you have time I would love to chat via email. msbookingagent@aol.com
Love,

The Hollemans (April)
www.chloesjourney.com

Anonymous said...

emily, I just got caught up on the last 3 days. Man, I'm sorry to hear people haven't been doing their job.I don't get why they wouldn't just do it! Don't they know the Nike theme?! I'll be praying for the facilitator to be honest but most of all MOVE and JUST DO IT. Hugs and prayers
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Em, keep on posting the good and the bad! Since we can't be there to physically comfort you like we would here at home, we can at least send you our love and encouraging words.

I love all the new pics with Jimmy and Samuel, too precious!

Try to keep your head up and remember that we love you and are thinking about you daily!!!

Janelle

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have not gotten caught up unitl this morning! I'm soo very sorry! I love the verse though, and it is soooooo true. This journey has been difficult, but you are not just surviving it, you are growing and learning and have been sitting right in the palm of our Lord. AND, when it is all said and done, you get a son!!!! I will continue to pray and you continue to be faithful to this part of your journey as I know you will. Believe me, I cannot wait to have you home....I'm definately homesick for Em and I can't wait to meet and love on Sammy!!!