Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Escape to Puerto San Jose


Yesterday we hit the road for a short getaway to Puerto San Jose. Guatemala is not known for its beaches, but we found a great place about 90 minutes from Antigua. We hopped in a shuttle with the Whitworth's and spent two days and one night at the beach! As soon as we arrived, we decided it really felt like vacation and that we could almost pretend we were in Florida and not still in Guatemala (not that we don't love Guatemala, but the thought of being in the States and not thinking about adoption stuff was a nice mental escape!). It was our first family beach trip and we really enjoyed hanging with the Whitworths and being away.





Two other random pictures... just noticed this the other night and thought it was cute. Not sure if anyone else will think his little crossed legs are cute... but it made me smile.

Samuel and I were having wrestle mania time before bed... love those cheeks!


On the adoption front... my facilitator called Saturday and said that on Monday they were taking our file to Jalapa (where Samuel was born) to start the process for getting the birth certificate. I haven't talked to her to see if they really went on Monday... if so, the birth certificate wait has begun!

Monday was my five month anniversary here. I continue to say that the time has gone by quickly overall, but I do miss home. I started thinking about all the things I haven't done in 5 months like sent a text message, driven a car, cleaned a toilet or worn heels. Having Jimmy here is a huge blessing and Samuel and I are both loving it! Still can't really believe he'll be here a month! Samuel's birthday is Thursday and we have a little fiesta in the works. Hope you all are having a good week! Happy back to school for my school friends- miss you guys!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those bright blue or purple toe nails?? ...Sexy! lol
I miss you! So excited that you and Jimmy have a complete month together after your time apart! Tell Samuel Happy Birthday for me! I'm sad that i'll miss it :( But at least i'll be around for every other one :)
Love you!
Tiffany

The Heinrichs said...

Wow the beach pics are amazing...I can't believe there is such a place so close to Antigua!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the foot picture! It's so cute. And, going 5 months without cleaning a toilet can't be all that bad! :) I actually move in on Samuels birthday! I hope he has a good first bday! Also, I hope all goes well when you go to Samuels birth place for the certificate.
Miss you!
Brandi

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

The beach looks beautiful! All of the pictures were great! 5 months have gone by so fast, but we're ready for you to be home too! We miss you as well. It won't be long now. :)

Kyle said...

Jim and Em,
So glad to hear and see about your little vacation. It looked beautiful. So happy that you all had a good time with the Whitworth family! More memories! I just love the little leg picture of Sam...hopefully that is on the Snapfish list! Too sweet! It is great to hear that the birth certificate paperwork has begun!
We love you,
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

I love all of the sweet pictures! Everything is so cute about Samuel...his cheeks, his legs, and his sweet little smile. Glad to see that you guys had a great time at the beach! What a great find!

Jenn Beyer Talton said...

what a fun trip! The black sand still kinda creeps me out! :)
xoxoxo

Adriana said...

Demasiado precioso Sami con esas sonrisas! Las fotos muy bonitas se ven la familia feliz.
Bendito Dios que el proceso vaya caminando.

Abrazos de CR.

Anonymous said...

emily, I'm so glad you got to get away. I'm sure you and Leanne are so enjoying the dads being there. I love the fact the Samuel and Bella both have the pool crab float. Bella has spent alot of time in it. The crossed legs were absolutely adorable. And i love baby cheeks. I just want to kiss them! I know you will love cleaning your toilet when you get home! lisa

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all enjoyed your first FAMILY vacation!!!! How fun...you can tell just by looking at Samuel how happy he is.

I love the crossed leg picture, it just reminds me of how much our little ones look to us and want to be like us. Even down to crossing their legs, just like we do. :)

Be sure and tell Samuel Happy Birthday from the Barge family, I can't wait to see pics of his first fiesta!

We miss you here and can't wait to have you back in the States!
Love ya,
Janelle

PS When you come home, if you feel the need to make up for some lost time cleaning toilets, come on over. We'd love to have you. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!

Love,

Uncle Billy