Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Random Note

Besides learning more Spanish down here, I'm also learning more English.... British English that is. We've had some funny miscommunications in our house because of our different accents and vocabulary! Here's a quiz for you:

What do the following words/phrases refer to:
1) buggy
2) porridge
3) Don't be a big girl's blouse!
4) nappie
5) doctor's surgery
6) to fancy

Want to see how you scored? Answers at the end of the post!

Things here have continued to be quiet and not too exciting. Samuel had his fourth hair cut yesterday and we got caught in a rain storm on the way back. Thanks to my trusty neon yellow rain shield, Samuel made it home dry and warm. I was drenched and had to change clothes completely.

Lee Anne and I popped in to the other house of adopting moms today. I took a count- there were 8 Guatemalan babies (all 2 and under) and 10 adults. Talk about a play date! I know I will miss the luxury of being able to have impromptu play dates with so many kids Samuel's age.

No news on our case... more waiting :)

The two pictures are of playtime- one of Samuel and Issie "working" on the puzzle (a.k.a. chewing on the pieces) and the other of Erick sporting our babysitter's purse. He likes to walk her to the door each day when she leaves... pretty cute!

Answers to the Brittish quiz:

1) stroller

2) cereal

3) Don't be a wimp!

4) diaper

5) doctor's office/waiting room

6) to like

How'd you do? :)

5 comments:

erin said...

hi emily! Funny quiz. I failed it. Hang in there my friend. You are the best waiter I know. Jimmy will be there soon. Hip Hip Hooray! We loved getting to see him and catch up a bit. I hope maybe tomorrow it doesn't rain there. Love ya!

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I got 1 out of 6 - guessing the buggy one. :) Love the picture of Erick! :)

Felicia

Amie Williams said...

Puzzle eating is a favorite activity at our house too! Looks like Samuel is getting good at holding himself up. Luke is working on it, he's not so good yet, so it scares me a little when he tries.
Amie

Anonymous said...

Hey woman! I scored a 100 percent on the British quiz, but seeing as I'm married to a Brit, I guess it doesn't count. :( Love you! Bethany

Anonymous said...

You are such a teacher...lol!
-Tiff