HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, ISABELA! :)
We started today by a breakfast of chocolate cake to celebrate our housemate, Issie's, first birthday! She ate her cake with gusto and then we quickly packed up for a trip to Guat. City for Angie's appointment at PGN. We loaded up a van with five moms, five babies and Maria (our nanny) and headed for the city. Angie's birth mother interview went smoothly. Thanks for the prayers- she is feeling very relieved this evening! It was a unique experience for me as Angie's agency allowed her to actually go to PGN and sit with the birth mother while waiting for the interview. Angie asked me to go along to translate. I left Samuel with the nanny and spent a few hours in PGN. I guess I thought I might find scary monster people in PGN, but overall everyone was very kind. It was such a blessing to be able to translate for Angie and get to visit with her birth mom. What a precious moment to have Angie thanking the birth mom and the birth mom saying how glad she is that her baby has a good home!
While in PGN, I ran into our agency director who is in the country this week. She was there with my friend Felicia's little guy, Otoniel. It was so sweet to get to see Otoniel and snap a couple of pictures for Felicia. Here he is:
After PGN, we headed to Chili's to celebrate. Eating there made me a bit homesick, but we had a fun late lunch and then headed back to Antigua. Samuel was being a ham... here are some pics:
4 comments:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I must say that I love the pictures on your blog today! :) I am still amazed at what happened. God is really taking care of us in all of this! I'm so glad that you were there and were able to see my little man. Gosh, Emily, he's just so precious! AND can Samuel get any cuter! He is so adorable!
Felicia
Love the pictures of Samuel! He is so adorable! He has grown so much since we were there. It will be great to see all of you in about a month!
Dawn
emily, She is so blessed to have you there to interpret for her and a great experience for you to get to see the interview. I can't belive they have Chili's there! Did you have the molten choc. cake? Samuel's pictures were sooo cute. It's great that you don't go anywhere without your camera. Have a blessed sunny day! Lisa G.
Samuel is so stinkin adorable :)
Thanks for the b-day wishes!
~Aimee~
Post a Comment