Thursday, August 21, 2008

Samuel's First Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Samuelito!


Can't believe our precious boy is one! We started the day with chocolate cake (Texas sheet cake, proudly made by his mama!). Samuel was a fan of the cake, not so sure of the picture taking- couldn't get him to smile. It was the perfect morning- pancake breakfast with the housemates and some family time. When we first arrived here, I was so hoping to be home for his first birthday, but I have to say that we are so thankful for our friends here and can't imagine celebrating anywhere else (although we still miss you guys at home!). We're having his fiesta tomorrow afternoon, so there will be more cake and birthday fun. Just wanted to share a couple of pics of the beginning of the birthday fun!

12 comments:

Jenn Beyer Talton said...

yummm, texas sheet cake - good stuff! Happy Birthday, Samuel!!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Samuel,
Happy Birthday to you!

Many birthday's to you,
Many birthday's to you,
Many birthday's dear Samuel,
Many birthday's to you!

May the dear Lord bless you,
And all that you do,
May Mary and Joseph
Smile down upon you!!!

Lots of LOVE!!!

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Happy Birthday Little Samuel! Save us some cake! :)

Keegan, Keeley and Otoniel Huff :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby Sam! If I were right there, this is what I would say... Happy Birthday little baby waby schnookem ooosha boosha gaga googgle muffin bug BOO! (That was partially for you Jimmy). Love you guys!

Hugs!

-Blair

Anonymous said...

Sammy,
You are positively...perfectly precious!
We love you,
Gram & Grandpa

Brian and Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Samuel!!!

Taylor, Brian & Nicole

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday BOOGER! Love you,
Tiff

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday, Samuel.
Looks like Mommy made you a delicious cake. I hope you ate all you wanted and covered your body with the remainder!! Your day tomorrow sounds like you will be enjoying a repeat of today, never enough of a good day. Give Mommy and Daddy a cake kiss.
Love,
Grandma Mary

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday, Sammy!!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big and how gorgeous you are!!! Little Aeson and I miss you so much!

The M. Herndon Family said...

Emily, that cake looks great! Good job! Hope Samuel has a great fiesta.

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

Happy Birthday Samuel. Wow you have a big one year old in the family! That is so exciting!! That cake looked really good!
~aimee~

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Jimmy got to be there for samuels' first birthday. He did have quite a serious expression on his face. Happy Birthdaying Can't wait to see more pics
lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Samuel! What an incredible day for you and mommy and daddy, too!

Amy McDonald