Friday, August 15, 2008

OUT

Last night we got confirmation that we are OUT OF PGN! Praise God! This is huge news and we are so excited and thankful. This means that the Guatemalan government has approved our case and in their eyes, Samuel is ours! Still can't believe it!
Next step is to get a new birth certificate issued which will make Samuel an Armstrong! The birth certificates used to be issues quickly, but now there is a new centralized Guatemalan government office, RENAP, that issues the certificates and some people are experiencing delays in this step. After the birth certificate, things should go smoothly for the rest of the process. If the birth certificate is done within two weeks, we should be able to bring our precious boy home by late September/early October!!

32 comments:

dawn said...

WOW! What an exciting week! Congratulations!!!! This is such wonderful news. I have been praying that we all would get out together. We are on our way. We serve such an awesome God! Enjoy your great news. I am still on high from yesterday!

Dawn

Jana said...

AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to meet Samuel! Praise the Lord!

Jana

Bill and Melodie said...

Yay! that's exciting! Praying for a quick trip through RENAP.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....when I heard this news I just starting jumping up and down! Praise God! That is such wonderful news! I am soooo excited for you guys!!!
~Aimee~

The Heinrichs said...

Wow!! Great news!!!

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

YIPEE!!! I am doing Otoniel's "Happy Dance" for you!!! I think it's taking about 8 weeks to get the total process done from this point on (from what I've been seeing). That's not that dang far away!!!! YOU AND SAMUEL WILL BE HOME!!!! I am so happy for you and all of us because it seems like things are finally MOVING!!!! PRAISE GOD!

Felicia

Anonymous said...

Emily! I had no idea it could be that close to closing. That's awesome. I'm super excited for you guys!

Lauren Sterling

Mrs. Nicole Gilbert said...

We are so excited! What great news for Jimmy to celebrate when he comes tomorrow. Congrats!
Love,
The Gilberts

Amie Williams said...

Praise the Lord! That's so great! I hope the birth certificate comes quickly and you guys can come home with Jimmy!
Amie

Katie said...

That's amazing!!! God is good!!!!!

Anonymous said...

emily, that's awesome news. I'm sooooo excited for you guys. It's awesome that Jimmy will be down there to be with you most on the last stretch of this process.

I may have to try pineapple core with Bella to keep her from her new grunting phase!! Her mom likes to flick her foot when she grunts but I would rather give her a pineapple core. lisa

Brian and Nicole said...

Emily-
I don't know what to say, but I am so happy for you guys!!! What a faithful God we serve! It seems like a new birth all over again! What a great early bithday gift for little Samuel, we can't wait for you guys to get home, we can have a play date!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! How exciting! I'm so glad Jimmy's on his way so you can all celebrate as a family.

Love, Tim and Angie

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such great news! We are super excited for you! Lots of love to you, Jimmy and sweet Samuel!
Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

We're so excited for this news! I will be praying you all come home soon. The Garlich Fam

Jenn Beyer Talton said...

WOOHOO!! Love you all!

Renee said...

Congrats on the GREAT news!!! You will both be home before you know it! I visited with your wonderful Mom yesterday...they must be so thrilled by this news as well. :)
Celebration when Jimmy arrives - yeah!!!
Hugs, Renee

Anonymous said...

AHHH! Wow, I couldn't believe the news! I have chills and am in such awe! Yeah, I can't wait for you guys to come home! God is sooooooo good! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Um, okay I just read what my mom wrote about me flicking Bella's foot. Please don't think I'm mean! haha, she has gotten this serious attitude lately but the "light little flick does the trick" is my new saying!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Felicia told me the news today at school and I couldn't believe it! I can't wait to see you and Samuel-- great news!
- Jennifer Reeder

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily!!
That is soooo awesome! Congratulations!!! :) I'm so very excited for you, Jimmy, and Samuel!!
-Brandi

Anonymous said...

That is INCREDIBLE!!! Just what we have been praying for!!! Can't wait to meet Samuel and see the Armstrong family together!!

Amy McDonald

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!!!
We are all so excited to see our Samuel. All the cousins in St Louis are eagerly awaiting another little boy to love. This Grandma is elated. I know Saturday will be delightful for all. God is truly Good.

Love,
Grandma Mary

Kimberly Geswein said...

Congrats!! What a great week for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is great news!!! This means that you'll hopefully be home in time to come to Abbi's birthday party!!!! YEA!!!!!
Congrats, we are sooo excited for you guys!!!

Love,
Janelle and Abbi

Anonymous said...

Marvellous news! Beijos
Manu

Todd and Nicole said...

We just read your blog and are AMAZED at the awesome news!!! Congratulations; praying you'll be home soon. Todd and Nicole

Anonymous said...

*IM CRYYYYYYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* lol. I'm SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH. YAY! YAY YAY YAY YAY! YAY GOD!
You are amazing.
I can't wait to see you.
I love you.

Tiffany

Mary Ludwig said...

Congratulations guys!! Enjoy your time with Jimmy down there!

erin said...

Alright! That is some good news!

Katie said...

That is awesome! We are so excited for you guys, and to hopefully meet Samuel soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy to hear the wonderful news. Enjoy!