Sunday, August 3, 2008

On a lighter note...

After my last post, I thought I should keep this one a little lighter! This weekend we have been busy celebrating with our friends Kimberly and Aeson. Friday we celebrated Aeson's first birthday. Saturday we had a brief "Moms Night Out" at Mono Loco and today we had a farewell breakfast for Kimberly and Aeson as they fly home to Detroit tomorrow. We will miss them much, but are so excited that Aeson's adoption is complete!


Samuel with the birthday boy, Aeson...
Birthday cake time featuring Kimberly and Aeson...


Playdough and art time at the party with Erick and Lee Anne...

Present time after the pancakes... Angie, Kimberly, Aeson and Erick...


As a former Spanish teacher, there are lots of Spanish-speaking countries that I'd like to visit. I have to admit that Guatemala had not been on the list previously. I am amazed by how many random people we know who have been here. We have had lots of suprise visitors. This week, in addition to the Poole's, I had another visitor- Luis. He is the son of my amazing college professor and now friend, Dr. Marshall. Luis has been working with a non-profit group this summer. Despite the crying face (he was teething and crabby...), Samuel and I really enjoyed the visit.

Samuel with his new favorite "toy".


Hope everyone's had a good weekend. Jimmy was in St. Louis this weekend to visit his family. His precious Grandma Hutcherson suffered a stroke last week and is recovering. Please keep her in your prayers! We have a Daddy Countdown- about 13 more days until Jimmy is here for a four week visit. Praise God for his sabbatical! He is flying in the same day as Lee Anne's husband, Pat. This is the third time their visits have corresponded coincidentally. It will be fun to have both of our hubbies here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning me in your last post! haha. YAY for Jimmy coming down. I'm excited for the both of you! I saw Beth today! Her belly is SOO cute!
Samuel is still cute as a button!
love you,
Tiffany

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Isn't it funny how kiddos will play with boxes, bowls, paper, etc. instead of the "perfect" gifts we think we are getting for them! :) Hooray for Kimberly an Aeson. I pray that it won't be long and we will all be celebrating the very same thing! :)

Felicia

Anonymous said...

I saw the picture of Luis and recognized him immediately. My sister, Brianne, went to Guatemala on a mission trip back in June, and Luis led their team. What a small world!

-Brooke Dye

Anonymous said...

Abbi loves the last picture! She just laughed away! :)
Love ya,
Janelle and Abbi