For as long as I can remember, my life has been dictated by the school calendar- high school, college and then my job. I love working in the world of education. It is that time of year- when usually I'm complaining to my other teacher friends about how quickly the summer went and then enjoying the first two days when the students are still on their best behavior. Knowing that the school year is starting and I'll still be here makes me really homesick. I know some of you are rolling your eyes thinking "Must be rough! Not working and hanging out in Guatemala!" OK, you are right. It is a blessing to be here. Just some days the monotony of life here seems like hard work.
Today, for example, it is raining which makes it hard to get out of the house, but getting out is necessary for maintaining one's sanity! I keep saying that unless we want to eat or spend money, it is hard to find much to do in Antigua. By 2:00 we were all stir crazy and the babies were crabby. I had seen a free art exhibit advertised at the cultural center in town, so we decided to check it out. It was a tribute to the bean (yes, as in beans and rice, los frijoles). We went in and the "art exhibit" consisted of three big metallic looking beans (see photo). Our trip to the exhibit lasted about 3 minutes and we still had a couple of hours until dinner!
I know I sound a little impatient and crabby... sorry. It's been one of those days- just missing home a lot. Thankfully, we only have SIX more days until Jimmy arrives- yea! In other news- our housemate Erick had his birth mother interview this past Thursday. This is great news for the Whitworth's! We are so excited for them. That's all from here- have a good weekend!
9 comments:
The wait is so horrible! At times I think I will go crazy! If updates were available weekly I think that would help. Oh, well! Prayer is the only thing that is getting me through. We'll miss you at school but you'll be back soon. I'm so happy for the Whitworths! I'm praying the Embreys hear something soon as well. My heart is hearting for everyone! We just want our children home! :)
Felicia
I obviuosly can't totally relate, but Makenzie has been sick this week so not much out of the house time. I would go to an art fair to see a picture of a bean right now - Just to get out. We want you home soon.
Jamie :)
We are looking forward to our visit in October and now can't wait to see the bean exhibit! Who knew? Hopefully it will still be there :)
Nicole and Todd
A Bean Exhitbit!!! what a day that must have been. Scott is always wanting to go look at art, maybe he should come and check it out!!! :) I miss you and even though I'm not too excited about school starting, I do understand. Hang in there. At least Jimmy will be there soon for a long visit. Maybe, just maybe there will be a big action in the process while he is there. You are awesome girl. I love you.
Parker-Phillips
I have had you on my heart and in my thoughts as beginning school is upon me! I was excited to hear that your husband will soon get to join you and Samuel to celebrate the big birthday #1...how exciting. Your "adventure" is only beginning as you will be "mama" and "dada" for the rest of your lives! Praying for a soon return to home for all three of you!
Betty Chapman
Emily and Jimmy~
Keep your chins up!! You are both the model for patience and my hope is that you will be home before you know it. It may sound trite, but it is the prayer of all of us.
Do I see some teeth coming in?? He is getting so big!
Love,
Annie Holwick
Emily, there's no place like home and I don't think it's easy for you to be there. It's no vacation!!
It's one thing to be stuck inside when you're home. There's comfort at home and always things to do. I will keep praying for you. I don't suppose the kids were able to crawl and climb on the beans. That could have taken up some more time.Hang in there! I bet you could just slap me for saying that. Like what choice do you have. I'll pray specifically for you to be able to handle the waiting,(right now :0)) I also thinks it's just fine to say how you're really feeling. That's what friends are for. Hope the day goes by quickly Lisa g.
Emily I love how you share your heart! Patience is a very hard thing to have. I will pray specifically that God will give you the patience you need. Um that art exhibit wow...way different from the ones here. lol They look like little space ships!
Love you!
~Aimee~
Hey Em, with the start of school for me I'm also feeling a little home sick. But I know that God has a plan for each of us and we just have to remain faithful. (I keep telling myself this, hoping that I'll truly understand and belive this if I keep saying it.) I miss you and can't wait for the two of you to come home, I hope that you get an update soon. I look forward to hearing more updates from you and am excited for Jimmy to join you. Give Samuel kisses from us! :)
Miss you,
Janelle
Post a Comment