Friday, June 27, 2008

Out of Family Court!

Hi All - this is Jimmy...

Well our adoption agency director just called me to tell me we are officially out of Family Court! Our lawyer was at Family Court today to get the file released - and the social worker had some last minute requests for pictures that we were able to dig up and email to our attorney...but around the end of the day they released our file.

This is a big step to complete and we are very excited to finally have some progress!

The next step is PGN - which is basically the Guatemalan Attorney General's office. PGN approval is the last big step in the Guatemalan adoption process and typically is one of the longest steps in the process. As many of you have probably heard in the news, recently the Guatemalan government has been requiring an additional birth mother interview...which has caused quite a bit of concern and controversy. Well that additional interview occurs at PGN. A month+ ago this was a big deal - but a lot of the problems seem to have died down - so we are very hopeful.

In case you are interested in what happens next, my understanding is (1) Our lawyer has to get some additional documentation and do some more preparation of our case - then they submit it to PGN (2) Our case has to pass the 1st PGN reviewer. At any point a reviewer can find a problem, which our attorney will have to correct and then resubmit our case (3) Once the 1st reviewer approves - the birth mother interview is scheduled and occurs at PGN (4) Once that goes well we have to be approved by the 2nd reviewer (5) Then the PGN director signs off and the case is released.

So please be praying for
(1) That our attorney is meticulous in preparing our case for PGN (PGN is known to be very picky - sometimes giving "previos" - kicking the case out for correction - on cases for missing page numbers for example)
(2) That our case will have a speedy entry into PGN
(3) That our case will be quickly approved by PGN
(4) That our Birth Mother interview at PGN will go smoothly. That she is prepped well in advance and that she says she still wants to give Samuel up for adoption.

Thanks for all of your support!!

14 comments:

The Heinrichs said...

Wow this is GREAT news! Things seem to be speeding up in PGN...hopefully you will be OUT in no time!

dawn said...

Hooray!! I know this news is very exciting. It feels good to finally have progress. I pray that your time in PGN goes faster than ours. It would be awesome to have all of us home soon!!

Dawn

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Praise God! I'm so happy for you! I'm praying for a quick entry and exit out of PGN!

Felicia

Mrs. Nicole Gilbert said...

We are so excited! Thanks for the detailed info so we know how to pray.
Love you guys!
The Gilberts

Anonymous said...

YAYY!!! I'm so happy for you! What great news to have. I pray everything is goes smoothly for you guys.

Kyle said...

Jimmy, Emily and Samuel,
We are thrilled to hear this news! Praise God! We will be praying just as you asked!
We love you,
Dad & Mom

Kimberly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope that you guys are in PGN super fast with a very speedy OUT!!! So happy for you guys! We'll celebrate in the morning over banana pancakes!!! Woo-hoo!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I was so excited to hear the news! We will be praying specifically for the things you need! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, Emy & Samuel,
GREAT NEWS! I will keep the prayers coming and that things move smoothly from here on out.
Aunt Peggy

Russell T. Nolting said...

Congratulations to you guys. We continue to pray for you.

Jenn Beyer Talton said...

YEAH!!! So excited for you! Praise God! Hope to catch you on messenger sometime soon! I like your new blog colors too :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! What exciting news!!! I will be praying for what you need! Thanks for sharing!
~Aimee~

Kyle said...

Emily
Hey I'm just now getting back into reality! I miss you...The pics are sooo adorable. I cannot wait to hold Samuel and see his sweet smile in person. Of course I can't wait to hug you either! The wedding went great, we'll have a picture party when you and Sammy get home!

I love you,
Parker-Phillips! :)

Anonymous said...

emily,

just got the computer back up. glad to hear the good news. I'll continue praying for you.

i love reading the blog. i heard you got my hug for you from jodi.
hang in there. can't wait to see you again! lisa