We love having visitors, but there is an immediate sadness that hits when they get in the shuttle and I'm faced with the reality that they are going back to the States and we aren't. As of tomorrow I've been here 12 weeks. I have to say that it has gone by fairly quickly and I am so thankful that the Lord has provided for me to be here. Today I read Psalm 135:7 that says "He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightening with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses." The verse seemed appropriate for the rainy season. I've been complaining about the rain a lot and the Lord sort of stopped me in my tracks today and reminded me that He created the rainy season for a purpose, just like He has Samuel and I waiting in Guatemala for a purpose. Moral of the story- I need to not complain about the rain or the waiting! Really neither the waiting or the rain have been too bad :).
The Harris family leaves tomorrow to head back to KC after their visit to Paulo. It was so fun having them nearby. On Friday, our friend Felicia arrives to visit her little guy, Otoniel, and we get to help celebrate his 4th birthday.
The Harris family leaves tomorrow to head back to KC after their visit to Paulo. It was so fun having them nearby. On Friday, our friend Felicia arrives to visit her little guy, Otoniel, and we get to help celebrate his 4th birthday.
So we have a ridiculous amount of pictures from my family's visit and below are a few more to share. The good ones are all courtesy of Blair.
Happy 1st Birthday, Paulo! He loved the cake!
Samuelito showing off his new clothes from Blair
He loves being clothes-free!

He doesn't cry much, but when he does... watch out!

He doesn't cry much, but when he does... watch out!
The fam at Cafe Condesa... check out how he's staring at Billy- not sure what to make of his hairy uncle!




5 comments:
Again, great pics Blair! It's amazing to compare Samuel's pics now from when you first met him. Man, he has changed so much! Very handsome to say the least. Looking forward to seeing you guys in 17 1/2 days(but who's counting). Push Erick over for me. Pat
Your mom is bringing your stuff by tonight. I probably won't ask her about the airplane ride until "after" we return. Since my trip to China, flying has not been my most favorite thing to do. I'm so excited to see you all! I can't wait to see the boys in their pirate hats. AND I don't call it "complaining" - it's more like "venting!" - you're entitled to vent. :) See, doesn't that sound better? I continue to pray for all of you. I know it isn't easy. We love you guys. Next year at this time we'll all be saying "Remember when we were in Guatemala?" Felicia
We miss you and Samuel so much.
We love you,
Dad & Mom
Amazing pictures! How does cake taste down there?
Post a Comment