1) In July there are some more adoptive moms moving into our neighborhood. We've gotten to know them a bit via email/blogs. One of these moms, Lindsey Wheeler, just found out that her precious little daughter, Eliana, almost died last night and is very ill in the hospital. I can only imagine her heartache right now!Please pray for Eliana and that Lindsey and her husband would be able to get plane tickets to come down immediately to be with Eliana! Here is her blog: http://thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com/
2) Tonight my dear friend, Kim Parker, gets married. Kim is like family and I am sooo sad that I am not at home to be at her wedding. If you read this and are going to Parker's wedding, please give her a big 'ole hug for me!
3) Samuel has been sick for a couple of days so we are in confinement. We've spend a lot of time playing in the bedroom so we don't infect the other babies. He has a virus- little sores in his mouth so he doesn't want to eat much. He also is congested and has a diaper rash. We went to the doctor on Wednesday- one good thing about the Guatemalan system is that I didn't need an appointment. I showed up at his office and no one was waiting so within an hour or so we had seen the doctor and gone to the pharmacy and were home again- not bad!
4) I've gotten several email with people asking about our adoption process. Someone said "it seems like you aren't moving." That would be a good summary of what is going on. We were supposed to hear something this week... no news. I get kind of tired of talking/thinking about the adoption, so my current approach is not to talk about it much until we have some good news about our case (mainly because there is nothing to say except "We're still waiting!"). The state of adoptions in Guatemala in general seems to be improving a bit. The Dept. of State issued a statement recently saying that more cases are being processed and released from PGN (Guatemalan government) which is a good thing. We have heard of several friends down here getting "out" and that is very encouraging!
That's all from here- have a good weekend!
3 comments:
Sounds like Thrush Mouth... with the blisters in his mouth and diaper rash. They usually go hand-n-hand. He'll be better soon, you poor thing. I've been praying for the Wheelers. I feel so incredibly bad for them and can't imagine what they're going through. God will take care of them, I just know it. Actually, He's going to take care of all of us! :) It won't be long, Emily. I really am hopeful that things are going to get rolling soon. I miss you guys. I have some good pictures of you and Samuel. :) I'll send them ASAP.
Felicia
Oh, and one more thing... I went to Renee's today to give her your "thank-you" card and show her pictures of Otoniel. She was so excited to hear about you! :)
Felicia
Prayer is a powerful thing! God will move mountains if you ask him to. I knew that but just coming back from Peru I saw it first hand and am overwhelmed by our amazing God! Hang in there. God has a reason for his timing and i will be praying for the Wheelers.
~Aimee~
Post a Comment