1) Sunday we ventured to a NEW (to us anyways!) park/plaza at the north end of town with Lee Anne and Erick. It is small, but quaint and had no vendors harrassing us so we enjoyed being out. Erick made friends with everyone in sight, while Samuel was content sitting and eating Cheerios! Are these guys cute or what? I promise the park isn't in a bad part of town- the graffiti in the pics is a bit misleading!
2) Samuel has developed some NEW skills in the past few days. It's amazing how fast these little ones can change. He still hates being on his tummy and isn't crawling, but he's rolling lots more and climbing up on me when we sit together. It's fun to watch, but my days of sitting him on the bed and walking away are over!
3) Yesterday we made a last minute trip to Guat. City to deliver some medical forms the lawyer needed. We met the lawyer at a hotel where our NEW soon-to-be-neighbors, Lindsey and Eliana, happened to be staying. Eliana is the little girl who was so sick last week. Praise the Lord she is doing much better! It was fun to get to visit with them and we look forward to having them here in Antigua soon.
We don't have any news exactly on our case, but the medical form I delivered should supposedly get us OUT of Family Court finally. We are praying that we are OUT this week and in to PGN soon there after. Not much else to report from here- the only other excitement we've had is finally figuring out what nights the new episodes of Grey's Anatomy show down here. I know we're a bit behind, but we saw the season finale last night. Staying up until 10 to see the end was tough, but we made it. Now we just have to see the other episodes we've missed.
Jimmy and I have been apart for 6 weeks since his visit and we have about 7 more weeks until he'll be down here again. He is officially approved for his 4 week sabbatical (yea!) so he'll be here August 8th ish through the first week of September. The Lord is teaching us lots in this time of being apart, but the distance is making us a bit weary. If you see Jimmy, give him a hug for me- I think he's having a harder time than I am with all of this waiting right now.
14 comments:
I absolutely love the pictures of Samuel and Erick. They are just too cute! Eliana is so precious too! It has to be difficult being away from each other for so long. But in the grand scheme of things, August isn't really that far. AND then, maybe not much longer after that, your days of being apart will be forever over. :) I'm praying for you guys!
Felicia
So glad that we are going to be neighbors.....it is such an answer to prayer for us!! Can't wait to be in Antigua.
The pictures of Erick and Samuel are so very cute! I wonder what Erick is whispering to Samuel about. Sam appears pretty interested! What great buddies they are!
We love you,
Dad & Mom
hi emily! katie spiguzza just showed me your blog and i had no idea you guys were adopting a son! i'm sure this time is incredibly hard, but i'm so happy for you both to be parents! it's a hard job but so amazing!
i can't wait to follow your blog and see you able to finally come home!
congrats again!
Hey! I think Samuel is the most precious child in the world! I was reading the side bar timeline on your blog and it said that you were referred to Edgar Santiago, so did you change his name to Samuel Edgar?
Emy,
What great pictures. I know it has been very difficult for you to be away from Jimmy. I pray the next few weeks go by quickly for the both of you. Samuel looks happier everytime I see new pictures. He is a lucky little guy. Tell him his Aunt Peggy can't wait to get her hands on him.
Love,
Aunt Peggy
It looks like you all had a nice bright day without any rain! Next time we visit you will have to show us the park you found. Before you know it, Samuel will be be climbing on everything.
I heard you guys wined and dined at the food court! Can't wait to finally meet you all in person! But I am so scared to get on my first leg of my flight by myself!!!
Deanna
so freaking cute.
Those pictures kill me.
Wish you were closer to me.
Love.
Emily--
I love reading the blogs and seeing the pictures. It really helps those of us who are here walk this journey with you and keeps us humble. You can tell Lee Anne that if it weren't for you posting all the blogs and the pictures, it would be every three weeks before we knew what was going on!!(wink wink) Just kidding! Miss all of you and can't wait for you to get home!
Jana
Hey Em! You are going to have an amazing scrapbook with all of these adorable pictures! I'm praying for you guys in this long stretch. Before you know it, it will come to pass!
Love you lots!!!
I am glad you said something about the park graffiti....I thought it was so fuuny...they look so cute on that bench and then that is in the background :) I will see Jimmy on Friday and Sunday so I will take care of him then for u. lol Aug. will be here before you know it. Hang in there! At least the longest half is over and hopefully you are on the downward slope :) I love you!!!!
~Aimee~
It is awesome to be able to keep up with you all through your blogs! I visited with your mom, dad & Billy at Kim's wedding. I told your mom how fun it was to see them with you and Samuel. THANK YOU for sharing with us all!
Samuel is so cute! We miss you!
Gateway is GREAT! We are growing, new faces and new ministries. We can't wait to see you, Samuel & Jimmy together back here at Gateway. We think about you and are praying for you!
Cindi
May we ask you to put these pictures on Snapfish for us? We just love them! Thank you!
Love,
Dad & Mom
Post a Comment