Thursday, June 12, 2008

Meeting


Thanks for the prayers for my meeting with our lawyer today. I don't have any great news from the meeting, but I think it was a successful "good will" trip. We are still stuck in Family Court. The lawyer told me that we had a "previo", which means an issue they have to fix- nothing big, just a piece of paperwork to resubmit. She said she found out about this issue on Tuesday, which isn't true because our agency told us about it a week or so ago- ugh! She is resubmitting the necessary paperwork and said we should be out of Family Court by the middle of next week. Then we'll head to PGN a week or so after that... finally! The lawyer was hesistant to give any set dates, deadlines or commit to much, which is pretty typical and partly understandable with the way the system works. It's just hard not to want something more concrete. The whole conversation is peppered with "Si Dios quiere..." (Lord willing), "mas or menos" (more or less) and "unos dias" (a few days).
I am excited to report that one of my friends here, Kimberly, did get out of PGN today- yea! She and her little guy Aeson are now closer to heading home. It is great news for them and also for us in that things are moving slowly but surely!

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Please give Kimberly and Aeson a big "congratulation hug" from us! That is great news! Soon we will be hearing that great news about little Samuel.
We love you,
Dad & Mom

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

I am really glad that you met with your attorney. I think it will help a lot that they know you are not only here, but also keeping a close eye on things!

I am so happy to be out of PGN, but am already sad with the thought of leaving Antigua and all of you guys! Maybe after my embassy appointment, I'll stay here for a couple of weeks "on vacation!" :)