Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun with the fam...

My family has arrived and we have so enjoyed having them here! They rented a house just across the street from us so it is perfect. Unfortunately the rainy season is here in full force, so we didn't get to explore as much of Antigua as I would have liked. We hung out this morning and then went and toured a coffee plantation just outside of Antigua. The plants/vegetation are really lush and the coffee info was interesting. We had lunch at a place called Frida's and then walked home in a pretty good downpour. We were all soaked except for Samuel!


Samuel warmed up to Gramma Kyle and Blair, but is a little leary of Grampa and Uncle Billy. He doesn't spend time with many men down here since it is all adoptive moms :). He thinks Billy and Grampa are entertaining, but gets a little nervous when they pick him up. It has been fun to watch my parents with Samuel. The first night, my roommates came to my parents' house and we all made dinner. My dad was crawling around on the flooring playing "moo". If you were around us as kids, you know the game. Not too complicated... involves my dad crawling around and nudging Samuel with his head while moo-ing. Hard to envision? See below! Don't know where this got started, but Samuel loved it. I'm just hoping the "moo" game didn't impact my roommates' first impressions of my dad!


Thanks to Blair, we have some great photos! I am too tired to load hers and mine, and she is so gifted at capturing cute moments... so these pics are all courtesy of Blair. She is amazing! You'll note that Samuel has some battle wounds on his nose in some of the pictures. The score is Erick 1, Samuel 0. I'm sure that Samuel will plot revenge as soon as he decides to crawl. Blair kindly photoshopped the scratches out of some of the pics :).










12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures...I expect nothing less from Blair. Definitely need to get those developed...looks like I am going to have new favorite picture.

Have fun this week fam!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

He looks so great in those pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful family pictures. I can imagine the "moo" game will become a fond memory for everyone, it is now in the 2nd generation.

Have a great time!

Grandma Mary

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful family.

Felicia

Mrs. Nicole Gilbert said...

I love these! I'm tearing up, I know you are so glad to have your family there. Have a fantastic time.

Love,
Nicole

Jenn Beyer Talton said...

I definitely know all about moo! Glad that the fam is there and y'all are having a good time! Miss you all. Tell your mom I owe her an e-mail!!!

The M. Herndon Family said...

Emily, I'm so happy for you having your family there! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm at work trying to seek peeks at pics. Guess I missed all those on an earlier blog. Love your family!!!

Pat and Lee Anne said...

WOW! Blair is incredibly talented. Those pictures are awesome. The only thing I'm disappointed with is that you didn't get your dad mooing on video for youtube! Just to even the score with the video you got with your mom dancing! HA! Miss all of you, Pat

nathanartz said...

Emily,
These pics are so adorable. I am so glad you fam is up to visit. I need to hire her to take pics for me, she is phenomenal. Once your family leaves, we need to webcam. I miss you, so happy to see you all having so much fun.
Katie

Anonymous said...

All those pictures are really good! Wish I could take pictures like that! ~Aimee~

Unknown said...

Those pics are amazing, I love the last one with him sitting in a chair and you looking at him. It's too precious!! :)
Miss you!
Janelle