Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This time, it's for good!

As of today, Samuel is with me! This means, Lord willing, he'll be with me permanently until the adoption finalizes and then we can bring him home! He is adorable, happy and despite being exhausted from the early flight, I am ecstatic.




Billy- this picture is for you! We think Samuel gets his hair styling tips from his Uncle Billy- this is pre- hair cut- looks like a wildman.

This is our makeshift bed for the night. I will miss sleeping with Jimmy- but Samuel is a close second :).






Here is Samuel's "tengo sueno" picture- he is sleepy!!





This is Samuel's amazing foster mom, Amapola. She visited with us for quite awhile and gave me some tips about feeding, sleeping, etc. She is obviously a very caring woman and attached to Samuel- we all cried when she left. She brought me his hospital bracelet from when he was born and some other momentos of his first six months. It was precious and I am going to treasure those little pieces of his first six months that I was not a part of. We also found out that Samuel had his DNA test done today- yea! His birth mother came to the city for it and saw him for the first time since she delivered him. Dona Amapola gave us a picture of her- I now know where Samuel gets his big smile. She is very pretty and I still hope to meet her at some point. Now we are waiting for a social worker interview and the results of the DNA tests. Please pray for speedy processing and that the interview would take place in the next two weeks. Apparently Samuel's bedtime is 6:00- gotta love it. He fell asleep with no crying (we hope this continues!). Mom and I are exhausted so we are going to bed not far behind him. Love you all- thanks for the prayers!!









PS This is the crib that we put together twice (ok, not "we", Jimmy put together twice). Looks like it's ready for Samuel to be there!!






13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad that you finally have him in your arms. He is so cute Emily! We are praying for you.

dawn said...

Wow! So much excitement in one day!! How precious to see you and Samuel together! Fantastic news on the DNA test being done. Will pray for continued and speedy progress!
See you soon!
Dawn

Amie Williams said...

Oh, so good to see Samuel with his mommy and grandma! I am so happy that he went to sleep easily for you. Give him hugs from all of us!
Amie, Jeremy and Luke

Pat and Lee Anne said...

This is so surreal...what a change your life has just taken in the last 24 hours! We're so happy for you, Jimmy, and Samuel. God and the plans He has for us is truly amazing. See you Friday! Pat

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you are now down there with your little guy! Let the fun begin! Your mom looks great with him in her arms, he's just snuggling right up to her. I'm glad the first night of sleep has gone well, I'll be praying for many more sleep filled nights in your future! I miss you already, school won't be the same without you. Luckily, we can now stay in contact, while at school since we have access to this site! :)
Love ya,
Janelle

Anonymous said...

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!! This is so awesome and so encouraging to read! Ahh. I love you Emily! Tell your mom and Samuel hi for me and that I love them too! Can't wait to hear from you! :)
Love,
Tiffany

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I love his hair!!! DNA test done? Absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Just one step closer to bringing him home! YIPEE!!!

Felicia

Anonymous said...

Could he be more handsome?!?! I'm so happy you two are finally together. You're in our prayers.
Angie & Tim

Anonymous said...

YEA!! We are so happy for you. Janelle gave me the link to your page. Brian and I have been following Pat and Leanne, now we can follow and pray for you guys too! How exciting to have him in your arms. Treasure the sleep while you get it, he will keep you busy through out the day!
Love- Brian, Nicole, & Taylor

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am so glad you are there!!! Samuel is a doll.....HAVE A BLAST!!!!

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see Samuel with you and Gramma Kyle - it's pretty obvious the two or you are head over heels in love! But, who wouldn't be - he is an absolute DOLL. I can't wait to be able to hold him too!!! Love - "Aunt" Ruthie!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, it was so glad to "see" you last night! I miss you so much. I'm so sorry I haven't contacted you yet...you probably think I don't love you, but that isn't true at all! :) I am praying for you daily, especially Ephesians 3:16. I hope you still check your school email, cause I am gonna be emailing you there. And checking this blog!!! Oh, technology...great and awful at the same time! But this is easy to understand. I loved seeing and reading all about Samuel and how our amazing Jesus is blessing your life with him!! I am so proud of you. Love you and talk to you soon,
Kailey

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Thank you so much for sharing this site with me. Samuel is incredible! I love seeing you and your mom experience this together. It always amazes me how profoundly you can love your sweet little child (or grandchild) from the very beginning. I love being a grandmother and I can tell your mom does too. We do miss you are school, but we're so excited for you and your family.
I will continue remembering all of you in my prayers.
Barbara (Young)