It has been a crazy, but wonderful past few days. This weekend I had a jungle/Diego themed shower (picture above) thrown by some of my good friends from church complete with a Guatemalan trivia quiz and a celebrity adoption quiz. I won the Guatemalan quiz (the Spanish teacher in me was proud), but I was horrible at the other- Angelina Jolie didn't make the quiz so I was out of luck!
People keep asking me if I'm nervous or excited and of course the answer is YES. I hope I haven't seemed too detached lately- I think I'm just trying to take one day at a time and not be overwhelmed with all of the changes headed my way. Friday is my last day of work. BSHS is a great place and I have so many amazing friends there. I am not looking forward to saying goodbyes this week.
Our house is a mess- we bought a crib this weekend and Jimmy assembled it the other night. Jimmy put it together in the spare bedroom because Samuel's room is a disaster. The comical part came last night when I finally moved the piles of clothes and things that need to make it into suitcases. We went to move the crib in and it wouldn't fit through the doorway... oops! At this point it was 11 PM, so we gave up and hopefully Jimmy will get the dissassembling and reassembling done tonight. You might not want to ask him about it anytime soon. He isn't finding it funny yet... trust me on this one!
We continue to be amazed at how the Lord has taken care of details- even in creative ways! Last Friday Jimmy was in an accident on I-70 in the ice and totaled his car. He is fine- just sore. Jimmy made Dave Ramsey proud and said he was glad that the accident could get us out of the car payment. Paying the car off with the insurance settlement and having Jimmy drive my car will leave us with one less monthly bill while I'm gone. We are thankful for God's protection and provision through the accident.
Monday night we had dinner with the "Guate Gang" as I've decided to call them. The group is composed of four other families who are adopting from Guatemala. The group was a little small last night, but it us always encouraging to get together and visit. I hope that in 6ish months or so, we'll all be able to get together with our Guatemalan kids!
OK- I'll stop my rambling. Thanks for everyone's support and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment