He's goofy, sometimes (ok, often) awkward, but in a way that engages people. So it should be no surprise that he is a great daddy. He is engaged and involved with our kiddos and they adore him.
So it should have been no surprise to me that during a recent challenging moment with our foster kiddo, Jimmy handled it amazingly well. Ignoring the way she was treating him, he very calmly said repeatedly that no matter what she said in this moment or no matter what she had done, that he cares about here and is glad she is in our home. Now the statemnt in itself wasn't profound. However, over the past five years I've seen how God has moved my hubby's heart (and mine) to love and care for kids in need- THAT is profound. And super attractive.
Happy Father's Day, Jimmy! I love you!
Sunday, June 17, 2012
That's hot!
In honor of Father's Day, I thought I'd borrow Paris Hilton phrase (because who doesn't want to quote her!) and tell you one of the things I find most "hot" about my husband. We met in college- he lived a floor above me. We became friends while volunteering for KLIFE (student ministry in our college town). Middle school students gravitated towards him like magnets... and they still do. He might have scared a few off with outfits like this from his skit days in KLIFE (he's the one on the right):
He's goofy, sometimes (ok, often) awkward, but in a way that engages people. So it should be no surprise that he is a great daddy. He is engaged and involved with our kiddos and they adore him.
So it should have been no surprise to me that during a recent challenging moment with our foster kiddo, Jimmy handled it amazingly well. Ignoring the way she was treating him, he very calmly said repeatedly that no matter what she said in this moment or no matter what she had done, that he cares about here and is glad she is in our home. Now the statemnt in itself wasn't profound. However, over the past five years I've seen how God has moved my hubby's heart (and mine) to love and care for kids in need- THAT is profound. And super attractive.
Happy Father's Day, Jimmy! I love you!
He's goofy, sometimes (ok, often) awkward, but in a way that engages people. So it should be no surprise that he is a great daddy. He is engaged and involved with our kiddos and they adore him.
So it should have been no surprise to me that during a recent challenging moment with our foster kiddo, Jimmy handled it amazingly well. Ignoring the way she was treating him, he very calmly said repeatedly that no matter what she said in this moment or no matter what she had done, that he cares about here and is glad she is in our home. Now the statemnt in itself wasn't profound. However, over the past five years I've seen how God has moved my hubby's heart (and mine) to love and care for kids in need- THAT is profound. And super attractive.
Happy Father's Day, Jimmy! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment