Thursday, June 17, 2010

ANTS





I resolved that this summer I was going to attempt some "preschool-ish" activities with Samuel. My goal is not greatness, just some simple activities that we can do each morning. This was week one, and we're doing well so far. We just spend 20ish minutes each morning- hoping to do it longer eventually. I got a ABC based curriculum/activity from THIS blog. You can download things off of her site for free or pay $10 and get all of it at once, which is what I did so I didn't have to download each document. So this week was "A" week and we talked about "ants". I've wanted to check out Powell Gardens for awhile now and when I heard they have the "big bugs" (including ants), we decided to go this week. It was hot, but very pretty and we made the trek to the top of the hill to see the big ants. There isn't much to do there for kids besides looking at the big bugs, waterfalls and flowers, but we took a little picnic and Samuel was content chasing bugs. If it weren't so hot and if Baby Girl had not been with us, we could have stayed longer.


2 comments:

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

You are the best mom EVER! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Johnsons said...

So cute! We are planning on going to see the Big Bugs too this summer! There are a couple of days they have other kids activities going on like Wednesdays are walk in art studios, and there's one day that they're having a puppet show about bugs too!