I'm blogging with Baby Girl on my lap. Ah, I love her curly mohawk hairdo... can't seem to get it to flatten out. Wish I could post pictures because it would make you smile! Today has been a great day despite some sleep deprivation. It's 5:30 and I haven't showered yet- yum. Jimmy had a "conversion" for work last night, which means he spends most of the night on the phone/internet/conference call monitoring software upgrades at a hospital. Poor guy didn't sleep much and I did all of the baby feedings. I know that so many moms do all the feedings because they are breast feeding... I'm in awe. I'd be a total zombie if I didn't have Jimmy to help me. I have, however, caught up on more TV than I could have ever wanted to watch. I've found that there is not much on at 3 in the morning unless you want to see an infomercial on how to get rich, get flat abs, quit smoking or lose weight. Thank goodness for the plethora of CSI and Cosby episodes!
We have some good news regarding this fall. Not sure if I mentioned that I got hired to teach "full time" at the local community college? I'm really excited for the opportunity. I'll teach about 2.5 days a week with two full days off and won't go in until 12 the days I do work. I do have to teach two evenings, but it isn't a bad trade off for having so much time with Samuel. I was nervous about child care- it's tricky and even more so when planning for potential foster kids. So I'm delighted to have found a nanny! She's a former student of mine and grew up in Spain (her parents are missionaries there), so she speaks fluent Spanish. I am thrilled to have Samuel get more exposure to the language. Plus she has experience working in bilingual preschools- can't get any better! I praise God for working out these child care details. It makes leaving Samuel easier knowing he will be in great hands.
I'm off to do some more cooking- tomorrow is my Papa Jack's birthday party- he's 86!
1 comment:
I'm so excited for your new job and so proud of all that you have going on in life!
Post a Comment