
The weekend was full of two fabulous wedding showers. It has been awhile since I've hosted or attended one- seems like baby showers are more en vogue in my circles lately! The showers made me reflect on why I love my hubby and how I wish I could re-register for some of the cool stuff these brides were getting! I think Bed, Bath and Beyond has seriously improved their registry!! The shower I hosted went smoothly- no chocolate flying out of control from the chocolate fountain like I'd feared and despite the snow that fell ALL day, all of the guests made it and no one fell on the steps (that I know of!).
The picture above is of me, my good friend, Amie, and the bride from the shower at my house, Miss Kailey, who we have known for six-ish years. Amie and I were Kailey's Bible study leaders for several years in high school :). Side note: Samuel gets to make his second debut as a ring bearer in Kailey's wedding and he's pretty excited (well, he will be when he gets to wear those dress up shoes that allow you to slide all over the place!).
To follow up on my last post, we did receive a second placement call Friday afternoon for another set of two siblings. This time we said no more quickly, because I've discovered that my car is going to be a bit of a challenge to fit 3 car seats into. SO, if we are going to seriously consider taking two children, we need to get that issue resolved. If I had 3 kids in the house and knew I could not get out if I needed to, I think I'd go nuts :). So we shall see! I didn't think we would get called so quickly after being licensed. Now that we've had two calls, I am highly motivated to get the extra bedroom painted and more in order. The beds are ready, but it still has some work to be done to be "cute"!
4 comments:
First of all, you look amazing. Stop it.
Second of all, I can't believe you're getting calls so fast!! Our baby room is still 100% an office!! Yikes!
Hey, just a thought, if you get Radian 65 carseats, they are slimmer than the average car seat and one of their 'perks' is they can fit 3 side-by-side. Now, they're not cheap, but they are cheaper than a new car;)
And, it's rear facing for children 5 lbs to 33 lbs, you might have to get an extra piece for an infant, I'm not sure.
http://www.skjp.com/product/97556/165XX/_/Radian65SL&%23174%3B
I think we bought ours for about $185 so I know you can get them cheaper, but only online, I think.
you need a minivan! :)
I'd love to help with making the room "cute"! Praying for you guys!!
Post a Comment