I don't usually have dreams that I remember in the morning, but I've had two very clear ones in the past week. The first involved watching a weather forecast that said we'd be in the 70s this week- I know that dream just came from wishful thinking in my subconscious! We do have some days in the 40s coming our way- surely that means the snow will melt!
The other dream involved getting a phone call from our case manager asking if we'd foster-to-adopt a Hispanic baby girl. I was excited and woke up somewhat thinking it had been real. However, I am under no illusion that the system works this way. I completely understand that you never know when a child is placed with you if they will be up for adoption at some point, and we are not even sure if we want to adopt through foster care. I just thought it was interesting how God changes the desires of our hearts. I've always heard that, prayed that, believed that, but this "dream" reminded me how He's done that for me. As a young married couple, we dreamed about starting a family and having a little child that would be the combination of the two of us- blonde, big eyes and slightly OCD (how could a child with our DNA avoid that? Poor Samuel is even learning!). Slowly, God has changed the desire of my heart. Of course we'd love to get pregnant, but we would also be excited about expanding our family by adoption. And we are cautiously optimistic about the chance to foster precious little ones in our home as well. Don't you love how God works like that? How He says His ways and thoughts are not always ours (Isaiah 55:8-9)?
1 comment:
I love your dream and completely agree how much God has changed our heart for our family as well!!! Praying all our families will soon being expanding. I am sure our kiddos are missing all the playmates we had under one roof!!!
Post a Comment