Saturday, February 6, 2010

D.O.N.E!!

As of today we are DONE with our STARS (foster care) classes! We have the initial 27 hours of training behind us. Now we have one more meeting with our case worker, then she writes our homestudy and does some paperwork. Hopefully we'll be licensed by mid-March and then we just wait. I started to have some "cold feet" this week about foster care. OK, more than just cold feet. I was seriously feeling a bit crazy. Then I was reminded of Esther...

You know the story? "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" and "If I perish, I perish."? Recently I've had a couple of discussions with friends about our purpose/identity and what Biblical character we most relate to. Esther was my choice because I feel like I've seen a pattern of God blessing me with leadership opportunities and along with that, opportunities to step out in faith. Esther's story always reminds me that God has a purpose for the place and time where He has us. AND that He invites us to step out in faith and see what He has for us. So anyways, this week I returned to Esther's story and am holding on to her story as encouragement and confirmation as we continue to pursue foster parenting.

And on a lighter note... so today Samuel is sitting on the toilet clutching his new Diego toothbrush (because who doesn't need a toothbrush while on the toilet!?) and I glance down and have to say "Samuel, no brushing your pee-pee with your toothbrush!" That is my newest entry on my list of "Things I Never Thought I'd Have To Say."

1 comment:

Katie said...

WE ARE THE SAME PERSON!