So today I was telling Pat and Lee Anne how I've been out of the country a few times on the 4th of July and I always get homesick. I just know I'm missing out on summer and a big family gathering. About an hour after I had said this to Pat and Lee Anne, I'm sitting in the living room talking on the phone and JIMMY WALKS IN THE ROOM!!
We had joked a month or so ago about how fun it would be for him to just show up this weekend, but with him being busy at work and the cost of airfare on the rise, we decided we'd tough it out and he wait for his visit in August. He totally and completely surprised me! Thanks to all who helped get him down here- even those of you who LIED to me to pull it off!
Samuel was wary of Jimmy for about the first hour, but they are having a lot of fun now. Samuel thinks his daddy is pretty entertaining and keeps smiling at Jimmy. Jimmy flies home on Monday, so it is a quick trip, but I can't tell you how good it is to have him here! We have no big plans other than the 4th of July fiesta tomorrow (I made homemade apple cobbler today- I'm very proud of myself!) and attending our new friend Eliana's 1st birthday party on Sunday.
Below are two more pictures- one of my new housemate Alice and her daugher, Isabela, asleep on her today- so precious! The other photo is of a surprise engagement party for our friend Melissa. Many of the other guests are the new adoptive moms in our neighborhood. We're excited for new friends on the block!



10 comments:
Enjoying the pictures. Glad to see Jimmy made it. Have a nice holiday! Heather
emily,
I was just reading Kev's blog and saw that Jimmy is there,! I'm so excited for you! That's one of those Mastercard moments (priceless) rember...I'm prayingfor you. Samuel looks so grown up with his haircut! He's a doll.
We are so glad to hear that this truly was a surprise...Jim, you pulled it off! :)
We think Samuel looks really happy to have his Dad there!
Enjoy your time together!
Happy 4th of July!
Love from,
Dad & Mom
I am so happy for you that Jimmy came down and surprised you! Happy Fourth!
What a wonderful surprise for you, Emily! I'm so happy Jimmy's there! What a 4th of July to remember! :)
Felicia
How fun for you all that Jimmy is able to visit! Have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July! :) Looking forward to more pictures of your beautiful family!
Hugs, Renee
I'm so happy Jim surprised you. I love to see Samuel walking while holding his Daddy's hands. Have a wonderful 4th.
Love,
Grandma Mary
What a priceless surprise! It made me excited to read about it! Great job Jimmy! Enjoy your weekend.
What a great surprise! Definitely a Fourth of July to remember! Have a great time!
Amy McDonald
YEA, what a great surprise I bet that was! Glad he got to make it down there to see you all. I can't believe Samuel is on his THIRD haircut! Abbi should have had her second by now, but after the horrible first one I'm scared! :) I miss you and can't wait for you to come home with your little guy!
Janelle
Post a Comment