Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dad's Pictures and Milo's Birthday!

Just a few fun pictures from my Dad's camera as well as a few from our housemate, Milo's, first birthday party today!

This is Isabela- daughter of my housemate, Alice. Is that the biggest smile you've ever seen!? Samuel loves playing with Izzy!


Who needs a family van when you can have your wife ride side saddle on the moto with the baby on her back (see the bulge?) whizzing down the highway? Wow!

Playtime with the housemates...

Today we met up at McDonald's with some other moms and babies. We got together to visit with Katie Mohr and her little guy, Eliot, who are here on a mission trip. Katie was in Guatemala for 8 months last year for her adoption and we got connected with her through some mutual friends. Her blog and emails were invaluable in preparing to come down here. It was fun to finally meet in person. I was so thankful for her encouragement :). What a crew!
We spent most of today preparing for and then celebrating Milo's first birthday. We made tamalitos (a Guatemalan dish). Our babysitter, Maria, ended up being a lifesaver. She used to make and sell tamales, so she helped us (i.e. re-did some of the tamales we had assembled).

Present time for Milo (with Maria and his "mum", Angie)...
Another Guatemalan specialty - tres leches cake (left)....
Pinata time- all of the moms took a swing....

5 comments:

Kyle said...

So grateful that you have such a fun community of friends! It is a treat to be a part of a day in the life of an "Antiqua Mom"!
I see why Samuel enjoys Izzy as a playmate. They must be cute together...both with such beautiful smiles!
I love you,
Mom

Amie Williams said...

What will you do when you don't have a party every week! Just kidding, it looks like lots of fun.
Amie

Anonymous said...

I think Emily forgot to mention the fact that the pinata had a big PGN written on it...and all the moms got a swing at it. I thought that was great....

Correct me if I am wrong Em

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

emily, wow you've had a week and it's only thursday! I'm so happy for you having the interview overwith I'm so glad your dad was there with you for that. His smile in the swing is priceless. still praying. lisa

Anonymous said...

ps. i meant samuel's smile not your dad's. lisa