Friday, November 5, 2010

3 links and my worst parenting moment of the week...

My blog needs a makeover... as do several other aspects of my life, like the baby's room that has piles of clothes and boxes scattered about... but we'll get to that eventually!

I keep running into articles in all kinds of publications about foster care and adoption. I thought I'd share a couple... the first is from the local KC Parent magazine and it talks about Drumm Farm. The other is from Focus on the Family's Thriving Family magazine and shares several adoption stories.

My hubby comes home tomorrow from Guatemala- yea! From the random 5 minute conversations we've had this week, it sounds like it has been a good trip. If you haven't read any of the blog entries, click HERE and take a look! Samuel and I have done ok on our week at home alone, although he's been out of sorts. I had one of those "I thought this only happens in the movies" moments with him at the dr.'s office this week. I try to avoid taking him with my to my dr.'s appointments for obvious reasons, but it was inevitable. He was cranky to begin with, but when the nurse called me in before he deemed playtime with the waiting room toys to be over, he had a meltdown. Not just tears, but yelling and running. Not his typical style. So as I'm in the bathroom leaving the standard urine sample (TMI, sorry), he is opening the door and trying to escape. As I'm weighing in, he takes off down the hall with two nurses chasing him. Did I mention he's still crying and screaming? At one point, I had the doctor and two nurses all trying to calm him down. I was embarrassed and almost in tears. Two trains and a sucker later, and the kid calmed down. I've never been seen so quickly, so it wasn't all bad, but I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Good thing he's so stinking cute. So Jimmy, come home soon!

And a couple of pics to leave you with... Halloween at church with Sam's buddy, Luke...


Photo shoot with Jessica Horton... I'll have more pics later, but she posted a few from our time with her on Tuesday. I think Samuel looks so grown up!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for posting those articles...we have a friend who is a house parent at Drumm Farm...I'm so glad they did an article on it.

erin said...

Oh man, we all have those moments of total kid embarrassment. That sounds pretty awful though! Love the new pics of Samuel. He does look so grown up!