1) We are thankful for a successful fundraiser for Kairos Christian School! Last Friday we had almost 200 people in attendance for a dinner and auction that raised over $15,000 after expenses. I've never really been involved with a fundraiser like this before and was humbled by the response of people willing to help, come, donate. Thank you all! The evening was a blur for me, but the result was more than I could have ever imagined- God is good like that. He continues to be in the business of surprises and blessings. Here are a few pics from the evening- not great quality...
Sarah, Lee Anne and me- we were half of the planning team- didn't get a picture of our whole team together... we weren't in the same place together all night!
Mayra Garcia and Mr. Danilo (principal of Kairos) speaking about the school
Mayra, Mr. Danilo and a few cute kiddos...
2) I am thankful for eight years of marriage! We didn't do anything too crazy to celebrate, but we have a couple of traditions like writing lists of why we love each other that we've managed to continue. We did go out for dinner tonight and my hubby "made" me banana bread which is a favorite from my Guatemala days. I think the thing I appreciate most about our marriage recently is how we work well as a team- recognizing each other's strengths/weaknesses and tackling parenting, decisions, etc. together. I think I'll keep him around :).
3) I am thankful for motherhood. I'm not saying I'm great at it, but I really LOVE it. While en route to play at Paradise Park at 7 on a Friday night, someone recently asked me if I really enjoyed spending my weekends that way. I sincerely answered that it is FUN to hang out with Samuel and we have great friends who are spending their Friday nights the same way! I think for awhile I thought about what I was "missing out on" by being a mom, but now I can't imagine what I would be missing out on if I weren't! Despite being terrified at the thought of giving birth, I'm getting excited to meet Baby Boy #2 (10 more weeks!).
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Just sayin' hello...sweet post! :)
Post a Comment