Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun Marathon

The past few days have been so full! No complaints because we have spent time with some of our favorite people. I think Jimmy was tired before anyone arrived because I talked him into restaining and painting the deck and hanging (finally) some pictures in the house. Our friends, the Duggins, arrived Saturday afternoon. We left the kiddos with a sitter and headed out to a date night with two other college friend couples. We went to Blanc on the Plaza and it was yummy. I always feel a bit lost as to how to act when I'm kidless and not at a place where you get a free toy with your meal, but I acclimated quickly and we had good adult conversation with no interruptions!

The ladies....


Sunday we skipped church to hit the park and lunch with the same group of friends. After much needed naps, we had a 4th of July BBQ! Our friends the Artz's and William's joined the crew for the BBQ. Thankfully the rain held off and it was a great evening. Jimmy was adamant about puchasing a slip'n slide. I think he was more excited about it than the kiddos at first. Samuel got creative after his first few runs and decided to take Cozy Coupe down, too.





Samuel and Miss Marlie


Monday the Duggin's headed out and that evening we had a date night with the Artz's who were still in town- can't beat Jack's Stack! Yesterday we met up with my aunt and cousin at the Fun Run in Liberty- lots of inflatables. So now we're planning for a few days of calm around here!

1 comment:

Johnsons said...

What an awesome fun weekend! Those are the best!