Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

Yesterday I thought "It's been a long week!" and then I realized it was still Tuesday. Whew! We found out that our foster child would be going home on Tuesday. Monday night I did her laundry, packed up her little pink things and held her as much as possible. While singing her "Jesus loves me" I caught myself actually thinking about the words to this song I've sung hundreds of times "They are weak, but He is strong." It was a promise that I needed to claim for our foster baby and gave me comfort. I got my crying done that night and Tuesday we had a good visit with her family. They were so excited to have her home and that was heartwarming to see.

We decided to put a hold on taking foster placements for now. I feel a little wimpy saying that after only doing this 3 months, but between being pregnant and starting a new job in a few weeks and being emotionally beat from this placement, we decided it would be best. We're considering doing respite care (where you take children in for weekends or short term to give their foster parents a break) until the baby comes and then we'll probably not take children for awhile. That's the tentative plan, but we'll see!

On a lighter note, we road tripped to St. Louis this weekend to see Jimmy's fam. It was a lowkey weekend with lots of good cousin playtime. Samuel and his cousin Ian are close in age and just love each other.

PJ party with the cousins...


Cousin love...

1 comment:

lisa said...

i've been thinking about you. i know its so hard emotionally with foster care. you are not a wimp! i was glad for respite care when we had our foster kids so that is a very valuable thing you can do.