In college there was a Steven Curtis Chapman song out called Great Expectations. While a bit cheesy, I found part of it flitting through my head today and looked up the lyrics. Here's an excerpt:
So wake the hope that slumbers in my soul
Stir the fire inside and make it glow
I'm trusting in a love that has no end
The Savior of this world has called me friend
And I, I've been invited with the Son
Oh I, I've been invited to come and ...
Believe the unbelievable
Receive the inconceivable
And see beyond my wildest imagination
Lord, I come with great expectations
It's been quite a weekend around here. Two great Easter celebrations with family and some crazy cleaning/organizing/painting/prep for our first foster baby placement. He's supposed to come tomorrow, but we'll see. One thing I learned during Samuel's adoption is to guard my heart and have low expectations for how I think things should go. So tonight I feel a bit numb (could be that I stayed up until 2 painting last night and I'm delirious :)). I'm excited to care for this little baby. I'm not excited about the sleep deprivation that will come with it. I'm telling myself I'm ok with the unknown... how long will he stay with us? How will Samuel respond? I've had a lot of people say "Oh, you're going to have your hands really full." Thanks. Got it. I'm already nervous and those comments just make it worse :), but Jimmy reminds me that we are stepping out in faith. So Lord, I come with great expectations-- use us, strengthen us and help us see what You are teaching us in this!
3 comments:
I'm thinking of you!!
I am so excited for you guys...and you will do GREAT!!!
you will do great! no worries, i have all confidence in you!
Post a Comment