Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hello, Friday

Well, we still don't have a foster placement yet. Baby boy was supposed to arrive Monday, then mid-week and now they're just saying they'll call when they know more info. So it's more waiting for us! I know I should be grateful for a few more nights of uninterrupted sleep, but I'm a little cranky about the unknown. I keep trying to shake up my type A control freak self, but it's hard!

We are SO grateful for the friends and family who have helped me gather clothes, infant gear, offered to watch Sam, etc. We'll be even more grateful when we are putting it to use!

We've been telling Samuel about the baby coming to stay. He woke up the other day and said "I watch Diego with the baby?" and "I share toys with the baby." Poor thing- he's confused! I didn't want to surprise him, so we've been talking about it, but he must wonder. There are so many great books/resources on adoption, but not as many on foster care. I need to read up on how to better prepare Samuel for foster children. We've been careful not to use the word "brother" or "sister" because I don't want him to think that a brother or sister can come to the house and then leave, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it or not.

So that's the news from here! Assuming that the baby doesn't join us this weekend, we're looking forward to a date night with some friends on Saturday (Mexican and margaritas- yum!) and that's about it...

Happy weekend...

P.S. One of the other sweet adoptive moms I met in Guatemala is Lindsey Wheeler. She's now on staff with Show Hope (Steven Curtis Chapman's organization) and she wrote for their blog recently. So many cool things going on with this organization!

No comments: