Tonight we got another call from Children's Division. We said yes and I have two precious blonde boys sleeping in my spare room tonight. It's been a surreal past few hours. Jimmy is still in Minnesota, but I did consult him before saying yes :). These boys are an emergency placement and probably won't be here very long. In the 2.5 hours between the call and their arrival, I got Samuel in bed asleep and then started doing very logical things like dusting the baseboards and detailing the cabinents- clearly pressing tasks that needed to be taken care of, right? I just couldn't sit still.
My angel of a mother came over and helped me, which was a good thing because the boys really didn't want to go to sleep, even though it was past 11. Can't blame them, can you?
So here we go... we're officially foster parents!
PS Jimmy has SO many good stories from the adoption conference this weekend. He said it was like a "firehose" of information. I am looking forward to hearing more from him... sounds like it was an incredible time.
4 comments:
I love reading your posts. They are challenging me!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!
Wow,wow,wow,wow!
Wow! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear more details!
Yay! How exciting!
Post a Comment